||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|Born||Jordi Alejandro Vilasuso
June 15, 1981
Miami, Florida, U.S.
Jordi Alejandro Vilasuso (//; born June 15, 1981) is a Cuban-American actor best known for originating the role of "Tony Santos" on the CBS soap opera, Guiding Light from August 2000 until August 2003.
Vilasuso was raised by his parents, Dr. Frank Vilasuso and Ana Vilasuso, in Coral Gables, Florida. He also has an older brother, Javier, and a younger sister, Marianne. Vilasuso attended Ransom Everglades High School and later Glendale Community College in California.
In 2010, Vilasuso began dating actress Kaitlin Riley. On May 14, 2012, Vilasuso and Riley announced their engagement. On May 21, 2012, Riley's sister, Bailee Madison, announced on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno that Riley is pregnant with the couple's first child due in December. Vilasuso and Riley were married on August 25, 2012 in Islamorada, Florida. The couple's first daughter, Riley Grace Vilasuso, was born on November 26, 2012.
In 2003 Vilasuso won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series for his portrayal of Tony Santos. He was also nominated in the same category in 2002.
Vilasuso has appeared in the movies The Last Home Run, The Lost City, Heights and La Linea. He also appeared in other television programs such as 8 Simple Rules, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Numb3rs and CSI: Miami. In November 2010 he was signed on to play the contract role of Griffin Castillo on the soap opera All My Children.
|1996||The Last Home Run||Tommy|
|2000||Buffy the Vampire Slayer||Dixon||1 episode|
|2001||Angels Don't Sleep Here||Teenage Michael|
|2002||A Wedding Story: Josh and Reva||Tony Santos||uncredited|
|2000–2003||Guiding Light||Tony Santos||Role held: August 29, 2000 – October 3, 2003|
|2003–2004||8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter||Luke||2 episodes|
|2005||The Lost City||Jose Antonio "Manzanita" Echeverria|
|2005||Numb3rs||Gabriel Ruiz||1 episode|
|2006||Fashion House||Eddie Zarouvian||10 episodes|
|2008||Ready or Not||the Matador|
|2010||Bodas de Sangre||Leonardo|
|2010–2011, 2013||All My Children||Griffin Castillo||Role held: December 16, 2010 – September 23, 2011; April 29 – May 13, 2013|
- Bailee Madison. "Congratulations to my beautiful sister". twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- Jordi Vilasuso. "The love of my life has accepted". twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- NBC. "Bailee Madison, Part 1 (5/21/12)". nbc.com. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Jim Warren. "Interview: Engaged... And Expecting!". http://abc.soapsindepth.com. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Jordi Vilasuso. "If I may quote my wife". twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Jordi Vilasuso. "At 5:11 am we welcomed Riley". twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- David Bauder (19 May 2003). "Emmys make Wayne a winner; 'World Turns' is best drama". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 26 September 2011.