Recio playing for Málaga in 2015
|Full name||José Luis García del Pozo|
|Date of birth||11 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Málaga, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Granada (loan)||45||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 February 2017.
Born in Málaga, Andalusia, Recio was a product of local Málaga CF's youth system. He made his first-team debut on 11 November 2010 shortly after the arrival of manager Manuel Pellegrini who succeeded sacked Jesualdo Ferreira, starting in a Copa del Rey 3–2 home win against Hércules CF, in the round-of-32's second leg (3–2 on aggregate). Ten days later he first appeared in La Liga, again as a starter but in a 0–3 loss at Deportivo de La Coruña.
Late into the month, after performing solidly in his first matches, Recio signed his first professional contract, linking him with Málaga until the summer of 2015. On 5 December 2010 he scored his first goal as a senior, in a 4–1 home win against Racing de Santander.
On 9 January 2013, after featuring rarely during the first half of the season, Recio was loaned to neighbouring and fellow league club Granada CF, until June. He made his debut five days later, coming on as a substitute in a 2−2 away draw against Getafe CF; he netted his first goal for the side on the 19th, in a 2−0 home success over Rayo Vallecano that also was his first start.
On 24 March 2011, courtesy of his performances with Málaga's first team, Recio made his debut with Spain under-21s, in a friendly against France. Also in that year he represented his country in the FIFA U-20 World Cup held in Colombia, appearing in four games in an eventual quarter-final exit.
- El Hércules, eliminado de la Copa del Rey tras perder ante el Málaga en el minuto 90 (Hércules, ousted from King's Cup after losing to Málaga in 90th minute); Diario Información, 11 November 2010 (in Spanish)
- El Deportivo respira a costa del Málaga (Deportivo breathe at Málaga's expense); Marca, 21 November 2010 (in Spanish)
- Recio firma como profesional (Recio signs as a professional); Málaga CF, 30 November 2010 (in Spanish)
- Malaga move clear; ESPN Soccernet, 5 December 2010
- Recio on loan to Granada CF until June; Málaga CF, 9 January 2013
- El Granada sobrevive de penalti (Granada survive from penalty spot); El País, 14 January 2013 (in Spanish)
- Recio nets on debut; ESPN FC, 19 January 2013
- La sub'21, víctima del desorden ante Francia (The under-21s, victim of disarray against France); El Mundo, 24 March 2011 (in Spanish)