José Pedrosa Galán
|Full name||José Antonio Pedrosa Galán|
|Date of birth||2 February 1986|
|Place of birth||León, Spain|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2005–2006||Atlético Madrid C||21||(2)|
|2006||Atlético Madrid B||31||(0)|
|2018 -||Al-Shamal SC||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 July 2018|
Galán was born in León, Castile and León. A Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa youth graduate, he made his debuts as a senior with Atlético Madrid's C-team in 2005, ; in the same season, he appeared in several matches with the reserves in Segunda División B.
In 2007, after one year at CD Toledo, Galán moved to UD Almería, being initially assigned to the B-side in the fourth level. In November 2009, after being already called up to the main squad by manager Hugo Sánchez, he suffered a serious knee injury which sidelined him for ten months.
On 16 July 2011, Galán returned to his first club Cultural. On 31 January of the following year he moved abroad, after agreeing to a one-year deal with Chainat FC from the Thai Premier League; he was also the first Spaniard to ever appear in the competition.
In June 2012, Galán was playing in Thai Premier League, becoming the first spanish player who played in that country. He was selected for the Thai Premier League Stars the same year.In|2013, he signed a two-year contract with Liga Indonesia Premier Division team Pro Duta FC, becoming the first Spanish footballer in the country in the process.
Galán switched teams and countries again on 1 January 2014, signing for Austrian Football First League's SKN St. Pölten. and play the Final Cup of this country the same year, against Red Bull Salzburg achieving a Europe League Qualification for next season.</refhttp://www.diariodeleon.es/noticias/deportes/galan-jugara-final-copa-austria_887884.html Afterwards he moved to Shabab Al-Ordon Club in Jordania. becoming again the first spanish player who played in that country.
On 30 August 2015, Galán joined Cypriot First Division club Aris Limassol FC. He left in December due to lack of payments, meeting the same fate at his next team, FC Ceahlăul Piatra Neamț from Romania.
Still in 2016, Galán represented Persela Lamongan in the Indonesia Soccer Championship and Finnish Veikkausliiga's RoPS. Whilst in representation of the former, he was selected to the July Team of the Month.
After his season in China, he signed a new contract in Qatar in 16 of July in 2018 for the qatari team Al-Shamal SC
- "Entrevista a Jose Pedrosa Galán: "Mi sueño es jugar en Primera División"" [Interview to Jose Pedrosa Galán: "My dream is to play in Primera División"] (in Spanish). Nueva Era Deportiva. 18 July 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Álvaro, Galán y Trujillo, tres jóvenes en busca de un sueño" [Álvaro, Galán and Trujillo, three youngsters searching for a dream]. Ideal (in Spanish). 29 July 2009. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Llevo el dorsal 21 por Silva, que aquí encanta" [I wear the number 21 jersey for Silva, who delights here]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 22 February 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Futuro variado para los jugadores del Almería B que no renovaron" [Varied future for Almería B players who did not renew]. Ideal (in Spanish). 22 August 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Galán vuelve a jugar diez meses después" [Galán returns to play ten months later] (in Spanish). LeoNoticias. 22 September 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Una Cultural muy leonesa" [A very Leonese Cultural]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 16 July 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2015.
- "Galán ficha por el Chainat tailandés" [Galán signs for Thai Chainat FC]. Marca (in Spanish). 31 January 2012. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "José Pedrosa Galán, el primer futbolista español en la liga tailandesa" [José Pedrosa Galán, the first Spanish footballer in the Thai league]. ABC (in Spanish). 20 March 2012. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Galán jugará en Indonesia" [Galán will play in Indonesia]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 11 February 2013. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Galán se va al fútbol austriaco" [Galán goes to Austrian football]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 1 March 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "Galán, en la Liga de Jordania" [Galán, in the Jordan league]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 31 December 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "El Aris Limassol, nuevo destino para Galán" [Aris Limassol, new destiny for Galán]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 3 September 2015. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- "El leonés Galán deja el Aris Limassol chipriota" [León's own Galán leaves Cyprus' Aris Limassol]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 5 January 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Galán, a Rumanía" [Galán, to Romania] (in Spanish). Sport León. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Los motivos que han llevado a José Galán fuera del FC Ceahlaul" [The reasons why José Galán slammed the door at FC Ceahlaul] (in Spanish). Migrantes del Balón. 22 March 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "VÍDEO – Lo que Galán dejó en Rumanía" [VIDEO – What Galán left in Romania] (in Spanish). Migrantes del Balón. 23 March 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Galán regresa a Indonesia para jugar en el Persela Lamonga" [Galán returns to Indonesia to play in Persela Lamonga]. Diario de León (in Spanish). 15 April 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Finlandia, el nuevo destino del trotamundos Galán" [Finland, next stop for globetrotter Galán]. Mundo Deportivo (in Spanish). 9 September 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Ibnu Grahan Ungkap Kunci Lima Kemenangan Beruntun BSU" (in Indonesian). Juara. 31 July 2016. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Yes, you are right. Looking forward to starting to play for my new team. :-)". Twitter. 26 July 2017. Retrieved 26 July 2017.