|Church||Carmelites of Mary Immaculate|
|Ordained||24 March 1958|
|Title||Reverend Father Doctor|
He first studied at the Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth in Pune and then went to the Pontifical Biblical Institute where he obtained a Licentiate in Sacred Scripture in 1960. He then became a Lecturer then Professor of New Testament, and from 1976 to 1979 and 1979 to 1985 the Vice-President and President at Dharmārām Vidya Kshetram (DVK), Bengaluru. On May 30, 1997 Pathrapankal received an honorary doctorate from the Faculty of Theology at Uppsala University, Sweden 
- Time and History: Biblical and Theological Studies
Pathrapankal again left for Rome on study leave and registered as a doctoral candidate with the Gregorian University and pursued research in New Testament studies and submitted a thesis titled Metanoia, Faith, Covenant: A Study of Pauline Theology which was later published by Dharmārām Vidya Kshetram in 1971. Pathrapankal returned to India and continued teaching at Dharmārām Vidya Kshetram.
|Professional and academic associations|
E. C. John, CSI
Society for Biblical Studies in India
Victor Premasagar, CSI
Dharmārām Vidya Kshetram, Bengaluru
1979 - 1985
- Joseph Pathrapankal, Augustine Thottakara, Indian Interpretation of the Bible: Festschrift in Honour of Prof. Dr. Joseph Pathrapankal, Dharmaram Publications, Bengaluru, 2000. 
- VINEA ELECTA Bollettino informativo dell’Associazione ex-alunni/e del Pontificio Istituto Biblico, Num. 5 – ANNO 2005, p. 12. 
- John C. England, Asian Christian Theologies: Asia region, 7th-20th centuries ; South Asia ; Austral Asia Volume 1 of Asian Christian Theologies: A Research Guide to Authors, Movements, Sources, ISPCK, New Delhi, 2004. p. 285. 
- Journal of Dharma, Volume 17, Centre for the Study of World Religions, Dharmaram College, Bengaluru, 1992. p.79. 
- Fr. Max Gonsalves (Ed.), Society for Biblical Studies in India Directory 1998.
- New Testament Studies, Volume 22, Society for New Testament Studies, Cambridge University Press, 1975. p.367. 
- Joseph Pathrapankal, Time and History: Biblical and Theological Studies, Asian Trading Corporation, Bengaluru, 2002. 
- Journal of Dharma, Volume 5, Centre for the Study of World Religions, Dharmaram College, Bengaluru, 1980. 
- Joseph Pathrapankal, Metanoia, Faith, Covenant: A Study of Pauline Theology, Issue 8 of Dharmārām College studies Issue 8 of studies, Dharmārām College, Bengaluru, 1971. 
- Fr. Max Gonsalves (Edited), Society for Biblical Studies in India Directory 1998.