|Born||18 August 1997|
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
|Height||167 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Relatives||Katherine Langford (sister)|
Josephine Langford (born 18 August 1997) is an Australian actress. She is known for her starring role as Tessa Young in the After Films Series.
Langford was born in Perth, Western Australia, and raised in Applecross, a riverside suburb of Perth. She is the youngest daughter of Stephen Langford, a flying doctor and the director of medical services at the Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations, and Elizabeth Green, a pediatrician. Her older sister, Katherine Langford, is also an actress.
As a child, Langford became interested in music and played the saxophone, the violin, and the piano In 2008, at the age of 10, Langford wrote and performed a song called 'Shadows' for a music competition which won her the 'Song of the Year' title. She also wrote two more songs, "Lonely (2007)" and "Sea Shanty (2008)". Her secondary school, All Saints College, in Perth, classified her as a talented composer. She competed in several school music competitions. She also took part in Interschool Debating and Tournament of Minds in Years 7 & 8. From Years 3-12 Langford attended All Saints College, Perth in Bull Creek, Perth, Western Australia She graduated from All Saints' College, Perth High School in 2014 at the age of 17.
Langford started taking acting classes at the age of 13. In 2012, she began taking acting classes at Perth Film School. At the age of 14, she began appearing in several short films such as Sex Ed (2013), When Separating (2013), and Gypsy Blood (2014). She made her screen debut in the indie film Pulse (2017), which screened at film festivals. She also starred as a supporting actress the same year on the American horror film Wish Upon, acting alongside Joey King. She also made her television debut in 2017 on the Australian series Wolf Creek.
In July 2018, Langford was cast as Tessa Young in the film After, based on the 2014 new adult fiction novel of the same name written by Anna Todd. The film premiered in 2019, and grossed $69.7 million worldwide. She won a Teen Choice Award for her role as Tessa. Langford and co-star Hero Fiennes Tiffin reprised their roles in the sequel, After We Collided, which was released in September 2020. In 2019, Langford also appeared in the American horror anthology web television series Into the Dark as Clair. In November 2019, Langford was cast as Emma Johnson in the Netflix film Moxie, which is based on the novel of the same name written by Jennifer Mathieu.
|2017||Wish Upon||Darcie Chapman|
|2020||After We Collided||Tessa Young|
|TBA||After We Fell||Tessa Young||Filming|
|TBA||After Ever Happy||Tessa Young||Filming|
|2017||Wolf Creek||Emma Webber||Episodes: "Journey", "Outback"|
|2019||Into the Dark||Clair Singer||Episode: "They Come Knocking"|
|2020||Day by Day||Lucy||Voice role; episode: "At the Peak of It All"|
|Belle Williams||Voice role; episodes: "Class of 2020: Prom", "Class of 2020: Graduation"|
Awards and nominations
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Drama Movie Actress||After||Won|
- Waterhouse, Jonah (20 February 2019). "Everything You Need To Know About Josephine Langford, The Star Of 'After'". Elle. Archived from the original on 27 September 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- Campbell, Kate (2 December 2018). "From Applecross to Hollywood star". PerthNow. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- McCarthy, Lauren. "Is Josephine Langford Poised to be the Next Kristen Stewart?". W Magazine. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Wynne, Emma (26 November 2015). "Local hero's 32 years saving lives in the air". ABC News. Archived from the original on 12 September 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "The Author - Parenting Is Forever". parentingisforever.com.au. Archived from the original on 4 March 2019. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "Josephine Langford: chi è l'attrice protagonista di After". tg24.sky.it (in Italian).
- "Josephine Langford "Shadows"".
- "josephine-langford". Microsoft Store.
- "Columba Year Books". All Saints' College. 14 March 2013. Archived from the original on 17 March 2020. Retrieved 15 May 2020.
- "Our Student Josephine Langford Stars in the Movie "After"". Marbella Film School. 25 April 2019.
- "Perth star Josephine Langford is set to star in this steamy movie". celebrity.nine.com.au. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "How tall is Josephine Langford?". PopBuzz. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Josephine Langford Set to Become Hollywood's "It Girl" | BLOUIN ARTINFO". blouinartinfo.com. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Josephine Langford Is Ready for the After Effect". Yahoo! Finance. Archived from the original on 13 April 2019. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (9 July 2018). "Josephine Langford Set To Star As Tessa In 'After,' Movie Adaptation Of Anna Todd's YA Phenom Novels". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 26 June 2019. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- Schulman, Alissa. "After's Josephine Langford Is Ready For Her Close-Up". MTV News. Archived from the original on 22 June 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- "Katherine Langford's Sister Was Just Cast In A Harry Styles Inspired Fanfic Movie". PopBuzz. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Chambers, Hannah (12 April 2019). "'After' Star Josephine Langford Spills On Bad Boys, Steamy Sex Scenes and That Harry Styles Drama". Cosmopolitan. Archived from the original on 6 July 2019. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "After (2019) (2019) - Box Office Mojo". boxofficemojo.com. Archived from the original on 26 June 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Moreau, Jordan (19 June 2019). "'Avengers: Endgame,' 'Riverdale,' 'Aladdin' Top 2019 Teen Choice Award Nominations". Archived from the original on 19 June 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (19 May 2019). "Voltage Heats Up 'After' Sequel; Josephine Langford & Hero Fiennes Tiffin Returning – Cannes". Archived from the original on 26 June 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.
- Chambers, Hannah (20 May 2019). "'After' Is Officially Getting a Sequel! Here's What You Need to Know". Cosmopolitan. Archived from the original on 2 July 2019. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (5 November 2019). "'After' Star Josephine Langford Joins Amy Poehler's 'Moxie'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on 6 November 2019. Retrieved 17 November 2019.