After We Collided
|After We Collided|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Roger Kumble|
|Based on||After We Collided|
by Anna Todd
|Music by||Justin Burnett|
|Edited by||Anita Brandt-Burgoyne|
|Box office||$20.9 million|
After We Collided is a 2020 American romantic drama film based on the 2014 new adult fiction novel of the same name by Anna Todd, and is the sequel to After (2019). It is directed by Roger Kumble and starring Josephine Langford and Hero Fiennes Tiffin.
It was released in select countries on September 2, 2020 and is scheduled to be released in theatres and VOD in the United States on October 23, 2020. Two sequels are in development.
- Josephine Langford as Tessa Young
- Hero Fiennes Tiffin as Hardin Scott
- John Jackson Hunter as young Hardin
- Louise Lombard as Trish Daniels
- Dylan Sprouse as Trevor Matthews
- Candice King as Kimberly
- Charlie Weber as Christian Vance
- Max Ragone as Smith Vance
- Selma Blair as Carol Young
- Shane Paul McGhie as Landon Gibson
- Rob Estes as Ken Scott
- Karimah Westbrook as Karen Scott
- Samuel Larsen as Zed Evans
- Khadijha Red Thunder as Steph Jones
- Pia Mia as Tristan
- Inanna Sarkis as Molly Samuels
- Dylan Arnold as Noah Porter
- Ariel Yasmine as Jane
- Stefan Rollins as Homeless/ Richard Young/Tessa's father
On August 4, it was announced that Roger Kumble would direct the sequel. On August 5, it was announced that Dylan Sprouse was cast as Trevor, Tessa's coworker. On August 15, Charlie Weber, Rob Estes, Louise Lombard, Candice King, Karimah Westbrook and Max Ragone were announced to play Christian Vance, Ken Scott, Trish, Kim, Karen, and Smith, respectively. Estes and Westbrook replaced Peter Gallagher and Jennifer Beals as Ken and Karen Scott respectively.
The film is scheduled to be released between early September and mid-October in Australia and some European countries. The film is scheduled to be released to theaters in the United States and on-demand on October 23, 2020. On September 9, it was announced that Open Road Films acquired the North American distribution rights.
The film debuted to $10 million from 16 countries, with Italy ($2.6 million) being the largest market. In its second weekend, the film grossed $4.2 million from 21 countries, for a 10-day running total of $21 million. Following the strong sophomore numbers, it was announced the film would have an increase in the theater totals in several countries, including the United Kingdom (where its gross jumped 18% in the second weekend and was being distributed by Shear Entertainment), where it would increase from 59 theaters to 360. In its third weekend the film made $4.1 million from 31 countries.
- "After We Collided (2020)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved September 14, 2020.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (May 19, 2019). "Voltage Heats Up 'After' Sequel; Josephine Langford & Hero Fiennes Tiffin Returning – Cannes".
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (7 August 2019). "'Cruel Intentions' Director Roger Kumble Takes On After Sequel After We Collided Starring Dylan Sprouse". Deadline.
- Logan, Elizabeth (August 5, 2019). "Dylan Sprouse Will Play 'F-cking Trevor' In The After Sequel". W Magazine. Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 15, 2019). "'After We Collided' Rounds Out Cast With Charlie Weber, Louise Lombard, Candice King & More". Deadline. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- @aftermovie (August 12, 2019). "We can confirm that cameras are now rolling and the first scenes for #AfterWeCollidedMovie are now being shot" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Xidias, Angelica (August 6, 2019). "Dylan Sprouse has been cast in the sequel of After". Vogue Australia. Retrieved August 16, 2019.
- Hurwitz, Cassie (September 9, 2020). "After We Collided Delayed to October, Getting Two Sequels". ScreenRant. Retrieved September 14, 2020.
- Arrington, Chloe (July 28, 2020). "After We Collided Movie Trailer: Tessa & Hardin Reunite In Steamy Sequel". Screen Rant. Retrieved July 29, 2020.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (September 6, 2020). "'Tenet' Rises To $126M Overseas Including $30M From China Bow, Nears $150M WW; 'Mulan' Kicks Off With $6M In Handful Of Markets – International Box Office". Deadline Hollywood.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (September 13, 2020). "'Mulan' Moola Muted In China With $23.2M Opening – International Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 13, 2020.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (September 13, 2020). "'After We Collided' Stokes $21M Overseas Through Sunday As Passionate Fans Prompt Screen Expansions". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 14, 2020.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (September 20, 2020). "'Tenet' Tops $250M WW, Takes Japan By Storm; 'Mulan's Uphill Battle Continues In China; 'After We Collided' Sexy At $30M Overseas – International Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 20, 2020.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 8, 2020). "'After' Sequels 'After We Fell' & 'After Ever Happy' Going Into Production; Castille Landon To Direct – Updated". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 14, 2020.