|Auditor of North Dakota|
|Assumed office |
January 1, 2017
|Preceded by||Bob Peterson|
|Born||March 19, 1979|
Spokane, Washington, U.S.
|Education||Bismarck State College|
Dickinson State University (BS)
University of North Dakota (MBA)
|Branch/service||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1998–2002|
Joshua C. Gallion (born March 19, 1979) is an American Republican politician and accountant who currently serves as North Dakota State Auditor. Bob Peterson was his predecessor as State Auditor, serving from 1997 to 2016.
Gallion, born in Spokane, Washington, served in the United States Air Force from 1998 until 2002, settling in North Dakota after his enlistment. He graduated with an associate degree from Bismarck State College, with a bachelor's degree from Dickinson State University, and with a master's degree from the University of North Dakota in 2014.
Gallion served as accounting manager for the North Dakota Public Service Commission. He was nominated as the Republican candidate for state auditor in April 2016, defeating Brian Kroshus at the state Republican convention. In the general election, he faced off against Libertarian candidate Roland Riemers, who has unsuccessfully sought various political offices over the past several years, and formerly served as state Libertarian Party chair. Gallion defeated Riemers, 77%–23%. He carried every county except for two.
Gallion and his wife, Becky, have two daughters.
- Smith, Nick (November 3, 2015). "Gallion enters state auditor race". Bismarck Tribune. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Josh Gallion's Biography". Project VoteSmart. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Ladwig, Adam (November 4, 2015). "Josh Gallion Announces Candidacy for ND State Auditor". KVRR Local News. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Smith, Nick (April 3, 2016). "Gallion nominated as Republican candidate for state auditor". Bismarck Tribune. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "ND GOP endorses Josh Gallion for state auditor". Grand Forks Herald. April 3, 2016. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- Smith, Nick (September 18, 2016). "Gallion, Riemers face off in state auditor's race". Bismarck Tribune. Retrieved January 29, 2017.
- "Official Results General Election". North Dakota Voting Information & Central Election Systems. North Dakota Secretary of State. November 8, 2016. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
| Auditor of North Dakota