Juan Pérez (outfielder)
|Acereros de Monclova – No. 4|
|Born: November 13, 1986|
Santiago, Dominican Republic
|June 9, 2013, for the San Francisco Giants|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2015 season)
|Runs batted in||13|
|Career highlights and awards|
Juan Carlos Pérez (born November 13, 1986) is a Dominican professional baseball outfielder for the Acereros de Monclova of the Mexican League. Pérez attended DeWitt Clinton High School in New York City. Not chosen in the Major League Baseball Draft, he attended Western Oklahoma State College.
San Francisco Giants
The Giants drafted Pérez in the 13th round of the 2008 MLB Draft. The Giants added Pérez to their 40-man roster after the 2012 season. He made his MLB debut for the Giants on June 9, 2013 at a game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Pérez played in 6 games and received 14 at-bats during the 2014 World Series. Pérez was chosen to start Game 7 in left field over newly-converted first baseman Travis Ishikawa due to his superior defense.
Acereros de Monclova
- "Shifting Juan Perez Toward Left-Field Line In Game 7 Changed World Series For Giants". Sports Illustrated. March 23, 2015. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- "DOM Roster". World Baseball Softball Confederation: WBSC. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- Beck, Jason (January 10, 2017). "Tigers sign Minors contracts with 22 players". MLB.com. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "Juan Carlos Pérez Nuevo Acerero" (in Spanish). April 23, 2018. Retrieved April 23, 2018.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors) Warning: Template:Baseballstats cube= parameter should be updated to a numeric value.
- Juan Carlos Perez on Twitter
- Juan Carlos Perez #2 on Instagram
|This biographical article relating to a Dominican Republic baseball outfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|