June Korea with Michael Jai White
|Alma mater||School of Visual Arts|
|Occupation||visual artist and photographer|
June Korea (Korean: 조준태(Juntae Cho); born July 22, 1982) is a New York–based visual artist and photographer. Sometimes, his works feature his sex doll Eva. He lives with Eva, his silicon sex doll for his photographic project. His work has been featured in numerous solo and group exhibitions. He and his sex doll have attracted attraction from the media and has been featured in different media publications worldwide.
He obtained a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering in South Korea. He received a B.F.A. in Photography and Imaging from Art Center College of Design in California. After that he studied at the School of Visual Arts in New York where he obtained an M.F.A. in Photography, Video and Related Media. While studying at the engineering school, he met another photographer who inspired him to take on photography as a profession.
According to an interview he stated that he always felt lonely after coming home from work or parties. He researched life-size dolls to discover the one that will best resemble a human being. He bought Eva in 2014. He sleeps, shops, dines, drives, travels, laughs and cries with her. His love doll Eva is usually captured in a wide range of pictures similar to that of a traditional couple going through various activities.
- 2017 Life Framer Award—Still Life: 20 Amazing Photographers to Discover.
- 2015 CA it Awards Photography Gold Award.
- 2015 Neutral Density Photography Awards 1st Place—Gold Star Award.
- 2015 Seoul–New York Photo Festival Silver Award.
- 2015 21st Artist Portfolio Award by Artist Portfolio Magazine.
- 2012 53rd CMYK Magazine Award.
- 2012 27th Creative Quarterly Award.
- 2011 MAC Group Photography Award.
- 2011 Museum of Seongnam Arts Center Emerging Artist Award by Seongnam Arts Center.
- 2009 Make-A-Wish Achievement Award by Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- 2005 Feelux Lighting Grand Award.
- 2003 Dong-A Photography Excellence Award by The Dong-A Ilbo.
- "네이버 인물정보". NAVER. Retrieved 5 March 2017.
- ""실물인형과의 교감…부모님도 미쳤다 하셨죠" ::: 미주 중앙일보". 미주중앙일보. Korea Daily. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Artist Photographs Sex Dolls To Explore Human Emotions". The Huffington Post. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Oyuncak Kız Arkadaşıyla Fotoğraflarını Instagram'da Paylaşıyor" (in Turkish). Haberler. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- McCrum, Kirstie (27 June 2016). "'Lonely' man shares photographs of his sex doll relationship". Daily Mirror.
- "섹스돌과 살며 인증샷?…사진작가 '준코리아'의 작품세계". 디스패치 | 뉴스는 팩트다!. 29 December 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "el coreano solitario y su extraño 'amor' por una muñeca - Galería de Fotos - El Tiempo" (in Spanish). El Tiempo (Colombia). Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "June Korea: The New York Artist Living With a Sex Doll". Highsnobiety. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Paper's Dream Gallery." Paper Magazine [Seoul, Republic of Korea]. 1 Nov. 2003: 20. Print.
- "Instagram photos capture what it's like to live with and love a sex doll". The Daily Dot. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- 話題, 中時電子報. "不在乎別人眼光 他與充氣娃娃談起戀愛". 中時電子報 話題 (in Chinese). China Times. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "섹스돌로 예술하는 한인 청년 "홀로 마주한 공허함이 무서웠다"". Kukmin Ilbo. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Still Lives: Eva, la sex doll di June Korea" (in Italian). Ultima Voce. 23 July 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Απαθανατίζοντας τη σχέση ενός άνδρα με… μια πλαστική κούκλα (pics)" (in Greek). E-Radio. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Still Lives: Eva". Official website. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Meet the lonely man that eats, sleeps with sex doll". News24. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Life Framer". Life Framer. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "CA it Awards". FilmFreeway. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "기적을 꿈꾸는 사람들." Make-A-Wish 소원· 별· 이야기 [Seoul, Republic of Korea]. 22 June 2005: 23. Print