Juventus F.C. and the Italy national football team
Juventus is the club that has contributed the most players to the Italy national team in history. They are the only Italian club that has contributed players to every Italy national teams since its first appareance at the 2nd FIFA World Cup. Juventus have contributed numerous players to Italy's World Cup campaigns.
Two Juventus players have won the golden boot and the golden ball award at the World Cup with Italy; Paolo Rossi in 1982 and Salvatore Schillaci in 1990. As well as contributing to Italy's World Cup winning sides, Alfredo Foni and Pietro Rava represented Italy in the gold medal winning squad at the 1936 Summer Olympics, and Sandro Salvadore, Ernesto Castano and Giancarlo Bercellino made Italy's 1968 European Championship squad.
Juventus have also contributed to a lesser degree to the national sides of other nations. Zinedine Zidane and captain Didier Deschamps were Juventus players when they won the 1998 FIFA World Cup with France, as well as their conational Blaise Matuidi in the 2018 World Cup, making the total number of Juventus World Cup winners 25 (including 22 for the Italy team since 1934), more than any other club around the world. Three Juventus players have also won the UEFA European Championship with a nation other than Italy, Luis del Sol won it in 1964 with Spain, while the Frenchmen Michel Platini (who was the topscorer of that tournament) and Zidane (who was elected as best player winning the golden ball) won the competition in 1984 and 2000 respectively. Coach Marcello Lippi won the 2006 FIFA World Cup with Italy while being coach for Juventus.
List of call-ups of Juventus F.C. players to the Italy national team
Below is a list of all Juventus F.C. players to have played for the senior national team (or Nazionale A in Italian) in official matches during their Juventus career, when Giovanni Giacone became the first Juventus player to play for the national team on 28 March 1920.
Source: (in Italian) 
- (WC) = FIFA World Cup winners during their careers at Juventus
- (EC) = European Football Championship winners during their careers at Juventus
- (O) Olympic football tournament winners during their careers at Juventus
- (CEIC) = Central European International Cup winners during their careers at Juventus
- (*) Oriundi footballers.
As of 20 November 2018.
Top 10 national team appearances for Juventus players
Not all appearances made for the national team by the players were made while they were under contract with Juventus. Updated on 23 March 2019.
|Rank||Name||Appearances||Goals||First cap||Last cap|
|8||Alessandro Del Piero||91||27||1995||2008|
Footnotes and references
- "Italian national team: J-L Italian club profiles". Italian national team records & statistics. Retrieved 22 April 2017.
- "Juve players at the World Cup". juventus.com. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 7 July 2006.
- "European Championship 1968 - Details Final Tournament". RSSSF.com. 8 June 2007.
- "European Championship". RSSSF.com. 8 June 2007.
- "La storia di una leggenda" (in Italian). juventus.com.
- Giacone, Gianni (1993). Juve Azzurri - I bianconeri che hanno fatto grande la Nazionale (in Italian). Hurrà Juventus – Fabbri Editori.
- Tavella, Renato (2001). Dizionario della grande Juventus. Dalle origini ai nostri giorni (in Italian). Newton Compton. ISBN 88-8289-639-0.