K. P. Dandapani
|Known for||Advocate General|
|Children||Millu & Mittu|
|Parent(s)||V.K.Padmanabhan & M.K.Narayani|
Dandapani was born in Kerala. He is the son of late V.K. Padmanabhan and M.K. Narayani. Dandapani completed his primary education from St. Albert's High School, Ernakulam. After his primary education, he joined for degree in St. Albert's college itself. After completion of his degree, he joined for professional degree course in Government Law College, Ernakulam. He completed his law degree and graduated in 1968 and enrolled as an advocate in the same year.
K.P. Dandapani enrolled as an advocate on 17 May 1968. He started his legal practice under late S.Easwara Iyer, Senior Advocate. He started independent practice in the year 1972 with his wife Sumathi Dandapani. He was practicing in field of Civil, Company, Constitution and Criminal laws. In the year 1996, he was appointed as the Judge of Kerala High Court. However, five months after the appointment when he was transferred to Gujarat High Court.[He was terminated by President of India] In the year 2006 for non compliance of order., he became designated as the Senior Advocate by the Kerala High Court along with his wife. He is the legal adviser and standing counsel of many companies and establishments, including the PowerGrid Corporation of India, Leela Group of Companies, National Institute of Technology Calicut, Greater Cochin Development Authority, Thangal Kunju Musaliar College of Engineering, Kollam, Malabar Christian College, Kozhikode, and KITEX Group of Companies. He was the president of Kerala High Court Advocate's Association. He is one of the committee member of Kerala High Court Legal Service Aurthority.
He is married to Sumathi and has two children. Daughter Mittu is a practicing lawyer in Australia and son Millu is a practicing lawyer of Kerala High Court. His wife Sumathi Dandapani is also a practicing Senior Advocate in Kerala High Court.
- "The Office of the Advocate General of Kerala". Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "KP Dandapani, takes charge as Advocate General". The Times of India. 26 May 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "K P Dandapani appointed Advocate-General". IBN Live. 24 May 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Advocate General". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "K.P. Dandapani to be new AG". The Hindu. 24 May 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Dandapani takes charge". The Hindu. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "KP Dandapani, takes charge as Advocate General". Mathrubhumi. 27 May 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Information". Law Department Library. Law Department - Government of Kerala. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Adv KP Dandapani new advocate general". Mathrubhumi. 24 May 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD. versus RAMAKRISHNA PILLAI, GOURI NIVAS". Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "K P Dandapani appointed Advocate-General". Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Kerala High Court Legal Services Committee". Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Members". Kerala State Legal Services Authority. Retrieved 28 December 2012.