K. S. Nissar Ahmed
|K.S. Nissar Ahmed|
|Born||5 February 1936|
Devanahalli, Kingdom of Mysore, British India
|Notable works||Manasu Gandhi Bazaru(1960) |
|Notable awards||Padma Shri |
He was a post-graduate in Geology who worked as an Assistant Geologist in The Mysore Mines and Geology at Gulbarga before coming in touch with Kuvempu and was invited to the Kannada poets' meet during Dasara festival in 1959. He worked as a lecturer in Geology in Central College, Bangalore and then in Chitradurga. Later, he taught in the Sahyadri First Grade College in Shimoga for two terms during 1967–72 and 1975–78. He was the 73rd president for Kannada Sahitya Sammalenna held at Shivamogga in the year 2007. He is best known for "Nityotsava"[clarification needed] (ನಿತ್ಯೋತ್ಸವ). The 407th edition of Mysuru Dasara was inaugurated by K S Nissar Ahmed, poet of Nityotsava fame.
- Karnataka Sahitya Akademi Award for Poetry (1982): Anaamika Aanglaru
- Rajyotsava Award (1981)
- Nadoja Award (2003)
- Padma Shri (2008)
- Honorary doctorate from Kuvempu University
- Pampa Award (2017)
- "NITYOTSAVA: Pgm by Nisar Ahmed on Mar 28". Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "Glad a Kannadiga's name has gone all the way to Delhi: Nisar". The Hindu. 27 January 2008. Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "Subhadramma Mansur receives Nadoja Award". The Hindu. 7 January 2004. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954-2009)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 May 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "Kuvempu University honour for six". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 7 December 2010.
- "Pampa Award for Nisar Ahmed". 2 November 2017. Retrieved 20 February 2018.