|Branding||AM 1460 KDWA|
|Slogan||Tri County Radio|
|Translator(s)||97.7 W249DK (Hastings)|
|First air date||October 24, 1963|
|Power||1,000 watts day
41 watts night
|Owner||K & M Broadcasting, Inc.|
KDWA (1460 AM and 97.7 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a hyperlocal Talk/Personality format, licensed to Hastings, Minnesota. The station is currently owned by K & M Broadcasting, Inc. and features programming from Westwood One at the top of each hour. KDWA is also a Minnesota Wild affiliate, and airs most of the Wild games during the hockey season. Locally, KDWA is especially known for its coverage of local news and high school sports for both Hastings and Prescott. Kelly Casey (2014) is the current news director. Nick Tuckner is the current sports director, and has been with KDWA since 2002. Although KDWA is primarily a talk station, a weekly EDM show titled "New Generation Radio" was hosted by local teen Reggie Bauer from 2011-2015. On March 25, 2016, KDWA officially signed on with an FM translator on 97.9. However, on May 4, they moved down to 97.7 to avoid interference with a low-power station in Lakeville.
- KDWA-AM 1460/97.7 FM [@KDWA1460] (25 March 2016). "First Day of a New Era #KDWANowOnFM. Listen on 97.9!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- KDWA-AM 1460/97.7 FM [@KDWA1460] (4 May 2016). "Make note, KDWA Listeners, that KDWA-FM has moved from 97.9 to 97.7FM effective at Noon, today! This will clear up afternoon interference" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "KDWA Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KDWA
- Radio-Locator Information on KDWA
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KDWA
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W249DK
- Radio-Locator information on W249DK
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|