|Broadcast area||San Luis Obispo, California|
Santa Maria-Lompoc, California
|First air date||1979 (as KIQO)|
|Format||Hot adult contemporary|
|HAAT||440 meters (1,440 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KIQO (1979-2016)|
|Owner||American General Media |
(AGM California, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KKAL, KKJG, KVEC, KZOZ|
KSTT-FM (104.5 MHz, "Coast 104.5") is a commercial FM radio station that is licensed to Atascadero, California, United States and broadcasts to the San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria-Lompoc, California areas. The station is owned by American General Media and airs a hot adult contemporary format.
The station was first signed on in 1979 as KIQO by Midway Broadcasters Inc. In July 1984, Gareth F. Garlund and Anna Garlund sold their 80% stake in Midway Broadcasters to partners Gary F. Brill and Virginia Brill, who owned the other 20%, for $700,000.
On May 31, 2016, El Dorado Broadcasting sold the intellectual property of KSTT-FM (101.3 FM) in Los Osos-Baywood Park to American General Media as part of a series of divestitures of its Central Coast stations. The deal does not include the 101.3 FM frequency itself, which remained with El Dorado and changed its call sign to KJRW. The transaction was completed July 1, with KIQO dropping its classic hits format branded "Q104.5", picking up the KSTT-FM call letters and that station's hot adult contemporary format, and rebranding as "Coast 104.5".
- "KSTT-FM Facility Record". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access. U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the United States and Canada" (PDF). Broadcasting/Cable Yearbook. Broadcasting Publications Inc. 1981. p. C-19. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Changing Hands" (PDF). Broadcasting. Broadcasting Publications Inc. July 16, 1984. p. 52. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Changing Hands" (PDF). Broadcasting and Cable. R.R. Bowker. July 20, 1998. p. 62. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Venta, Lance (June 24, 2016). "KSTT San Luis Obispo IP to Move to 104.5 KIQO". RadioInsight. RadioBB Networks. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KSTT
- Radio-Locator information on KSTT
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KSTT