KSTT-FM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  (Redirected from KIQO)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
KSTT-FM
CityAtascadero, California
Broadcast areaSan Luis Obispo, California
Santa Maria-Lompoc, California
BrandingCoast 104.5
Frequency104.5 MHz
First air date1979 (as KIQO)
FormatHot adult contemporary
ERP4,700 watts
HAAT440 meters (1,440 ft)
ClassB
Facility ID42066
Transmitter coordinates35°21′40″N 120°39′21″W / 35.36111°N 120.65583°W / 35.36111; -120.65583Coordinates: 35°21′40″N 120°39′21″W / 35.36111°N 120.65583°W / 35.36111; -120.65583
Former callsignsKIQO (1979-2016)
OwnerAmerican General Media
(AGM California, Inc.)
Sister stationsKKAL, KKJG, KVEC, KZOZ
WebcastListen Live
Websitecoast1045.com

KSTT-FM (104.5 MHz, "Coast 104.5") is a commercial FM radio station that is licensed to Atascadero, California, United States and broadcasts to the San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria-Lompoc, California areas. The station is owned by American General Media[1] and airs a hot adult contemporary format.

History[edit]

The station was first signed on in 1979 as KIQO by Midway Broadcasters Inc.[2] In July 1984, Gareth F. Garlund and Anna Garlund sold their 80% stake in Midway Broadcasters to partners Gary F. Brill and Virginia Brill, who owned the other 20%, for $700,000.[3]

In July 1998, Midway sold KIQO to Bakersfield, California-based American General Media for $1.5 million. At the time, the station carried an oldies music format.[4]

On May 31, 2016, El Dorado Broadcasting sold the intellectual property of KSTT-FM (101.3 FM) in Los Osos-Baywood Park to American General Media as part of a series of divestitures of its Central Coast stations. The deal does not include the 101.3 FM frequency itself, which remained with El Dorado and changed its call sign to KJRW. The transaction was completed July 1, with KIQO dropping its classic hits format branded "Q104.5", picking up the KSTT-FM call letters and that station's hot adult contemporary format, and rebranding as "Coast 104.5".[5]

[edit]

KIQO logo.jpg

References[edit]

  1. ^ "KSTT-FM Facility Record". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access. U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
  2. ^ "Directory of Radio Stations in the United States and Canada" (PDF). Broadcasting/Cable Yearbook. Broadcasting Publications Inc. 1981. p. C-19. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
  3. ^ "Changing Hands" (PDF). Broadcasting. Broadcasting Publications Inc. July 16, 1984. p. 52. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
  4. ^ "Changing Hands" (PDF). Broadcasting and Cable. R.R. Bowker. July 20, 1998. p. 62. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
  5. ^ Venta, Lance (June 24, 2016). "KSTT San Luis Obispo IP to Move to 104.5 KIQO". RadioInsight. RadioBB Networks. Retrieved July 26, 2018.

External links[edit]