|Broadcast area||Redding, California|
|Branding||XS Sports 96.1|
|First air date||2001|
|Sister stations||KESR, KEWB, KHRD, KNCQ|
KKXS (96.1 FM, "XS Sports 96.1") is a commercial radio station in Redding, California, broadcasting to the Shasta & Tehama County, area. KKXS airs a sports format and is an affiliate of ESPN Radio. It is now the region's flagship station for San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers and San Jose Sharks.
KKXS was once the home for Red 96.1 (KBHX) now on (103.1 and 93.3) from 2001 until 2003, then it was the home of Kicks 96, a country station which was a more classic country alternative to Q-97 until 2005. The station was an affiliate of Broadcast Architecture's Smooth Jazz Network until March 1, 2010, when KKXS switched to ESPN Radio. They also air live video streams of Shasta College Knights football.
- "Redding, California smooth jazz "The Bridge" to go all-sports". Radio-Info.com. February 23, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2011.
- XS Sports 96.1 official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KKXS
- Radio-Locator information on KKXS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KKXS
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|