|Broadcast area||Redding / Red Bluff|
|Branding||XS Sports 96.1|
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio|
|KESR, KEWB, KHRD, KNCQ|
First air date
Former call signs
KKXS (96.1 FM, "XS Sports 96.1") is a commercial radio station licensed in Shingletown, California, broadcasting to the Shasta & Tehama County areas. KKXS airs a sports format and is an affiliate of CBS Sports Radio. It is now the region's flagship station for San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers and San Jose Sharks.
KKXS was once the home for Red 96.1 (KBHX) now on (103.1 and 93.3) from 2001 until 2003, then it was the home of Kicks 96, a country station which was a more classic country alternative to Q-97 until 2005. The station was an affiliate of Broadcast Architecture's Smooth Jazz Network until March 1, 2010, when KKXS switched to ESPN Radio. They also air live video streams of Shasta College Knights football.
- "Redding, California smooth jazz "The Bridge" to go all-sports". Radio-Info.com. February 23, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Giants baseball will return to Redding airwaves » Redding Record Searchlight". Archived from the original on 2010-02-26. Retrieved 2010-03-20.
- XS Sports 96.1 official website
- KKXS in the FCC FM station database
- KKXS in Nielsen Audio's FM station database