||This article needs to be updated. (August 2016)|
|Broadcast area||Tulsa, Oklahoma|
|Branding||Totally Awesome 80s @ 100.9|
|Frequency||100.9 MHz(also on HD Radio)|
|Repeater(s)||101.1 MHz KEOJ (Caney, Kansas)|
|First air date||1977 (as KXOJ-FM)|
|HAAT||114 meters (374 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||TulSa Oklahoma|
|Former callsigns||KXOJ-FM (1977-2016)|
|Owner||Stephens Media Group
KTSO (100.9 FM) is a radio station licensed to Sapulpa, Oklahoma that serves the greater Tulsa area. It is part of the Stephens Media Group (no relation to the newspaper owner) and has been on the air since 1977. Its studios are located at the CityPlex Towers in South Tulsa.
KTSO broadcasts from a tower between Glenpool and Sapulpa, off Highway 75. The tower was constructed in 2014 and was part of an FCC granted class C3 upgrade, increasing the station to an ERP of 19,000 watts. The new signal also includes an HD signal that covers the Tulsa metro area.
Before August 16, 2016, 100.9 FM's call sign was KXOJ-FM. Every morning between 6 and 10am KXOJ-FM's on-air lineup included Dave Weston and Katie Rindt. Other veteran announcers included Bob Michaels, joined the station in 1998, and Gary Thompson 3pm to 7pm, who began intermittently working there in the early 90's. After many years in morning drive, Heather Miles moved to the 10a to 3p shift in January 2016.
Starting on August 16, 2016 at 7:30, the KXOJ-FM call sign and format moved to 94.1 FM after 39 years of broadcasting at 100.9 FM. 100.9 FM changed call letters to KTSO and began stunting with a recorded announcement redirecting listeners to 94.1 FM.
On August 31, 2016, KTSO flipped to 1980s hits as "Totally Awesome 80's 100.9", launching with 1,980 commercial free songs. The first song under the format was "We Are The World" by USA for Africa.
- "KTSO Radio Station Information". radio-locator.com.
- "100.9 KXOJ – KXOJ turns on stronger signal". 100.9 KXOJ.
- "Matt Baldridge".
Seth Andrews (who was PD at the time of Christian AC station KXOJ/Tulsa) gave me my first start back in 1997.
- "The Thinking Atheist - Podcasts - The Christian Radio Days". thethinkingatheist.com.
- "100.9 Totally Awesome 80s Debuts – Format Change Archive".
- Staff, FCC Internet Services. "Station Search Details".
- http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=64 HD Radio Guide for Tulsa
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KTSO
- Radio-Locator information on KTSO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KTSO
|This article about a radio station in Oklahoma is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|