This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|90 Tsalwa Road, Kakamega 50100, County of Kakamega|
|Type||Public secondary school|
|Motto||In unity is strength|
|Founder||Harold Arthur Waterloo Chapman|
|Colour(s)||Black, green and white|
Kakamega School, formerly known as Government African School Kakamega and Kakamega High School, is a four-year high school in Kakamega, Kenya, founded in 1932. The school's current principal is Oliver Minishi.
It is categorized by the Ministry of Education Kenya as a national school. The school is notable in the country for performances in extra-curricular activities such as drama, and also excels in sport.
Education and extra-curricular disciplines
Through their soccer team, The Green Commandos, the school has won more football championships than any other school in the country.
The drama team that was managed by drama teacher/director/producer Oliver Minishi won awards in the national drama festivals.
The school's rugby team, the Barbarians, has dominated secondary school's rugby competition in both 7s and 15s categories.
- Moody Awori – former Vice President of Kenya
- Najib Balala – Minister for Tourism
- Yusuf Chanzu – M.P. for the Vihiga Constituency
- Bonny Khalwale – M.P. for the Ikolomani Constituency
- Newton Kulundu – former Minister for Labour
- Kenneth Marende – former Speaker of the National Assembly of Kenya
- Dennis Oliech – international footballer
- Noah Wekesa – Minister for Wildlife and Forestry
.org, the school's official website
|This Kenya school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|