|Pronunciation||Polish: [ˈkamil], Arabic: [ˈkaːmɪl]|
|Word/name||Polish, Czech, Slovak, and Turkish form of a Latin name|
|Related names||Kamila, Camillus, Camille, Camilla|
Kamil is a Polish, Czech, and Slovak given name, equivalent to the Italian Camillo, Spanish Camilo and French Camille, deriving from Camillus, a Roman family name, which is sometimes claimed to mean "attendant at a religious service" in Latin, but may actually be of unknown Etruscan origin. The female version is Kamila, equivalent to English Camilla.
Kamil (كامل) is also an Arabic name and some time used as adjective, more usually transliterated as Kamel which can be translated as "perfect" or "the Perfect One". It is also used in Urdu, Persian and Sindhi meaning "complete".
In Islamic theology, al-Insān al-Kāmil (اَلإِنْسَانِ الكَامِلْ, also rendered as İnsan-ı Kâmil انسانِ كامل - in Persian and Urdu), is a term used as an honorific title to describe Muhammad. It is an Arabic phrase meaning "the person who has reached perfection."
- Krzysztof Kamil Baczyński, Polish poet
- Kamil Bednář, Czech poet
- Kamil Bednarek, Polish musician
- Kamil Čontofalský, Slovak footballer
- Kamil Ahmet Çörekçi, Turkish footballer
- Kamil Damašek, Czech decathlete
- Kamil Durczok, Polish journalist
- Kamil Glik, Polish footballer
- Kamil Grosicki, Polish footballer
- Kamil Hornoch, Czech astronomer
- Kamil Kopúnek, Slovak footballer
- Kamil Kosowski, Polish footballer
- Kamil Krofta, Czech politician and historian
- Cyprian Kamil Norwid, Polish poet
- Kamil Özerk, Norwegian-Turkish Cypriot educator and professor
- Kâmil Pasha (1833–1913), Turkish Cypriot statesman and grand vizier of the Ottoman Empire
- Kamil Rustam, French musician
- Kamil Stoch, Polish ski jumper
- Kamil Wilczek, Polish footballer
- Kamil Zeman, Czech writer, journalist and translator of German prose
- Kamil Zvelebil, Czech linguist specializing in South Asia
- Al-Kamil Kurdish Ayyubid sultan, he was nephew of Great Saladin and son of al-Adil.
- Kamil Yusuf Al-Bahtimi, Egyptian quranic reciter
- Mike Kamil, American bridge player
- Mustafa Kamil Pasha, Egyptian lawyer and nationalist leader
- Omer Kamil, Sri Lankan politician
- Kamil, the main protagonist of the 13th century Arabic novel, The Treatise of Kamil, also known as Theologus Autodidactus.
- Kamil Dowanna is a human knight from Produce and Enix's the The 7th Saga for the SNES.
- The Complete History, known in Arabic as the Tareekh Kamil, written by Ali ibn al-Athir in 1231
- "Kamil (2)" at Behind the Name
|This given name–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|