|Pronunciation||Polish: [ˈkamil], Arabic: [ˈkaːmɪl]|
|Word/name||Polish, Czech, Slovak, Arabic, Turkish|
|Meaning||Polish/Czech/Slovak: None (Latin/Etruscan origin) |
|Related names||Kamila, Camillus, Camille, Camilla Kamill|
Kamil is a name used in a number of languages.
Kamil (Polish: [ˈkamil]) is a Polish, Czech, and Slovak given name, equivalent to the Italian Camillo, Spanish/Portuguese Camilo and French Camille. It is derived from Camillus, a Roman family name, which is sometimes claimed to mean "attendant at a religious service" in Latin, but may actually be of unknown Etruscan origin. The female version is Kamila, equivalent to English Camilla.
Kamil (كامل and كميل)(കാമിൽ) is an Arabic name and some time used as an adjective, more usually transliterated as Kamel and Kameel which can be translated as "perfect" or "the Perfect One". It is also used in Urdu, Persian and Sindhi meaning "complete". In Islamic theology, al-Insān al-Kāmil (اَلإِنْسَانِ الكَامِلْ, also rendered as İnsan-ı Kâmil انسانِ كامل - in Persian and Urdu), is a term used as an honorific title to describe Muhammad. It is an Arabic phrase meaning "the person who has reached perfection." It is also a Turkish name, with the female version Kamile; these names were common during Ottoman Empire and are not as common in Turkey today.
- Al-Kamil, Kurdish Ayyubid sultan, nephew of Saladin
- Kamil Akhtar, British raconteur
- Kamil Bednář, Czech poet
- Kamil Bednarek, Polish musician
- Kamil Čontofalský, Slovak footballer
- Kamil Ahmet Çörekçi, Turkish footballer
- Kamil Damašek, Czech decathlete
- Kamil Durczok, Polish journalist
- Kamil Glik, Polish footballer
- Kamil Grosicki, Polish footballer
- Kamil Hornoch, Czech astronomer
- Kamil Kopúnek, Slovak footballer
- Kamil Kosowski, Polish footballer
- Kamil Krofta, Czech politician and historian
- Kamil Ng, Hong Kong pianist
- Kamil Özerk, Norwegian-Turkish Cypriot educator and professor
- Kâmil Pasha (1833–1913), Turkish Cypriot statesman and grand vizier of the Ottoman Empire
- Kamil Rustam, French musician
- Kamil Stoch, Polish ski jumper
- Kamil Tvrdek, Czech ice hockey player
- Kamil Wilczek, Polish footballer
- Kamil Yusuf Al-Bahtimi, Egyptian quranic reciter
- Kamil Zeman, Czech writer, journalist and translator of German prose
- Kamil Zvelebil, Czech linguist specializing in South Asia
- Mike Kamil, American bridge player
- Mustafa Kamil Pasha, Egyptian lawyer and nationalist leader
- Omer Kamil, Sri Lankan politician
- Fathi Kameel (born 1955), Kuwaiti football player
- Kamil, the main protagonist of the 13th century Arabic novel, The Treatise of Kamil, also known as Theologus Autodidactus.
- Kamil Dowanna is a human knight from Produce and Enix's The 7th Saga for the SNES.
- Kamille Bidan, also known as Kamil Bidan, the protagonist of the anime series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and a character in Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.
- Kameel-rivier B, a village in the low-veld region of KwaNdebele, in the Nkangala District Municipality of the Mpumalanga province of South Africa
- Kamil Crater, the meteorite impact crater in Egypt
- Kamil, Osmancık
- The Complete History, known in Arabic as the Tareekh Kamil, written by Ali ibn al-Athir in 1231
- 2 "Kamil (2)" at Behind the Name