Kaplan Financial Ltd
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Peter Houillon, CEO|
Kaplan Financial Ltd is a British company providing training in accountancy and financial services. It was founded in 1958. Kaplan Financial is part of Kaplan Inc., a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). Kaplan Financial has more than 48,000 students a year, both in the UK and overseas. It offers courses in 28 training centres throughout the UK as well as home study and online learning.
Kaplan Financial prepares students for professional accountancy and tax exams including the AAT, ACA, ACCA, and CIMA, and investment qualifications such as CFA, CAIA, FRM, IAQ,[specify] IMC and SII. Kaplan Financial also offers a range of postgraduate courses including MBA, MA and MSc, as well as management and personnel qualifications.
Kaplan Financial was formerly known as the Financial Training Company, then as FTC Kaplan after its acquisition in February 2003 by Kaplan, Inc., a global provider of education and training services. FTC also produced exam-focussed study materials, test prep and courses for the American Academy of Financial Management, AAT, ACCA and CIMA that were also used widely in other training institutions in the public and private sectors. These materials are now produced by Kaplan Publishing, another company in the Kaplan group.
Major acquisitions in the last decade include:
- 2003—UK Accountancy Tuition Centres Ltd (ATC), provider of accountancy and professional training in the UK
- 2003—Emile Woolf Colleges Ltd., provider of CIMA and ACCA training
- 2003—AT Foulks Lynch Ltd., publisher of accountancy training materials for ACCA, CIMA, AAT and CAT syllabi
- 2003—Portman College of Management, a Newcastle-based professional school offering management training programmes
- 2008—Hawksmere Limited, a London-based training and conference provider
- 2009—West of England Language Services Limited (WELS), an international group of English language schools located in the United States, Australia, and the UK
In July 2009 Kaplan Financial was the first ACCA distance learning provider to be awarded Platinum status by the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants). This is the highest status awarded to a tuition provider.
In November 2012, Kaplan Financial launched the Kaplan Financial Knowledge Bank, a reference site providing free access to accountancy information.
As of 2018, Kaplan Financial has 23 training centres located up and down the UK as well as Distance Learning, Live Online, OnDemand products. These are:
- Cardiff - ICAEW Courses only
- Crawley - ICAEW Courses only
- Isle of Man
- London Borough High Street
- London Islington
- Milton Keynes
- Kaplan, Inc.'s FTC Acquires U.K. Accountancy Training Company, press release, July 1, 2003
- Kaplan's FTC Acquires ... Emile Woolf Colleges Ltd and AT Foulks Lynch Ltd, press release, November 5, 2003
- Kaplan, Inc's FTC Acquires Portman College of Management , press release, November 19, 2003
- Kaplan Financial acquires Hawksmere, press release, 13 January 2008
- Kaplan to Acquire West of England Language Services, press release, 6 January 2009
- Kaplan ACCA Distance Learning, now the only Platinum provider, Kaplan Financial, 2009
- Get the knowledge, PQ Magazine, 2012