The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Katherine Evelyn Heyhoe
|Born||April 9, 1955|
Los Angeles, California
|Alma mater||University of Texas|
|Literary movement||International Association of Culinary Professionals|
|Relatives||Alma Shon (mother)|
Heyhoe has been a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) since 1994, when she co-founded the electronic Gourmet Guide, one of the first websites dedicated to food and cooking. In 1995 she developed food sites for America Online and in 1996 launched The Global Gourmet website which merged into the Global Gourmet in 1998. She is currently[when?] Executive Editor of The Global Gourmet and writes a monthly food column about culinary topics.
Heyhoe coined the term cookprint. Cookprint is a set of resources used to cook the food, including the ingredients, the energy and water used to prepare the food, and also the waste produced in the process.
- Cooking Green: Reducing Your Carbon Footprint in the Kitchen the New Green Basics Way (Lifelong Books, Perseus Books Group, 2009)
- Great Bar Food at Home (John Wiley & Sons, 2007)
- The Stubbs Bar-B-Q Cookbook (John Wiley & Sons, 2007)
- A World Atlas of Food (McGraw-Hill, 2006)
- Macho Nachos: 50 Toppings, Salsas, and Spreads for Irresistible Snacks and Light Meals (Clarkson Potter, 2003)
- Harvesting the Dream: The Rags-to-Riches Tale of the Sutter Home Winery (with Stanley Hock, John Wiley & Sons, 2003)
- A Chicken in Every Pot: Global Recipes for the World's Most Popular Bird (Capital Books, 2003)
- Cooking with Kids for Dummies (IDG Books, 1999)
- "About Kate Heyhoe". Inside my Skull. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Alarcon, Claudia (25 Oct 2013). "Heyhoe first made a splash as a pioneering online food writer". Retrieved 24 Jan 2018.
- Koenig, Leah (15 July 2009). "Ever thought about the 'cookprint' of your kitchen's pots and pans?...A new book gives you the answers". Retrieved 25 Jan 2018.
- Alarcon, Claudia (25 Oct 2013). "Kate Heyhoe weaves Dreams of the Dead via sugar skulls". Retrieved 24 Jan 2018.
- "Kate Heyhoe is the founding editor of The Global Gourmet". Retrieved 24 Jan 2018.