|Directed by||Hemanth Rao|
|Produced by||Ashwini Puneeth Rajkumar|
|Screenplay by||Hemanth Rao|
|Music by||Charan Raj|
|Distributed by||Sri Vajreshwari Combines|
Kavaludaari (transl. Crossroads) is a 2019 Indian Kannada language neo noir thriller film written and directed by Hemanth Rao, presented by Puneeth Rajkumar and produced by Ashwini Puneeth Rajkumar of PRK Productions. Kavaludaari will be the first feature film presentation from the production house. The film stars Rishi, Anant Nag, Achyuth Kumar, Suman Ranganathan, and Roshni Prakash in the lead roles, while Avinash, Sulile Kumar, Sampath, and Sidhaartha Maadhyamika play supporting roles. The music and background score for the film is composed by Charan Raj with cinematography by Advaitha Gurumoorthy and editing by Jagadeesh. The film released on 12 April 2019.
Puneeth Rajkumar had revealed that the movie is being remade in Tamil, Telugu , Malayalam and Hindi. The film is being remade in Tamil as Kabadadaari starring Sibiraj and in Telugu as Kapatadhaari starring Sumanth; both versions star Nandita Swetha.
K. S. Shyam (Rishi) is a traffic police officer who is fed up with his daily routine of handling traffic. He is constantly on the lookout to get into the crime department, but his higher officer does not care and he is rejected multiple times. Dejected, he starts involving himself in cases without official permission, which also leads him into problems with his peers. The movie opens as Shyam takes up the case of three skulls found near a metro construction site. While the crime team gives up, he pursues the case off records. Shyam finds out the bones could belong to Gurudas Naidu (Sidhaartha Maadhyamika), his wife Vijayalakshmi Naidu (Samanvitha Shetty), and their young daughter, whose missing case one inspector Muthanna (Anant Nag) had investigated 40 years ago. This takes him to meet Muthanna with the help of Kumar (Achyuth Kumar), the editor of an investigative newspaper. Muthanna had taken voluntary retirement from the police after the death of his family and had left the case halfway due to this. Shyam brings Muthanna back, and both try to unravel the mystery behind the three skulls and the culprit responsible for their death. They find out that one Fernandes (Sampath), who was the driver of the Naidu household, orchestrated the murder using Bablu, the household helper of the family in greed for some gold ornaments of ancient times which was under the custody of Gurudas, who worked at the archaeology department. To their horror, they realize that Fernandes had changed his identity and moved on and is none other than the newly elected Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mailuru Srinivasa Rao. What happens next as they try to digest this information and take on the murderer who is now deciding the destiny of the 6 crore people of Karnataka, forms the rest of the story.
- Rishi as K. S. Shyam, Sub Inspector, Bangalore City Traffic Police
- Anant Nag as Muthanna, a retired police inspector
- Achyuth Kumar as Kumar, Editor of Lockup News/Bablu
- Suman Ranganathan as Madhuri, actress
- Roshni Prakash as Priya, the daughter of Kumar
- Avinash as Laxman, Editor in Chief of TV7
- Sulile Kumar as Lokesh
- Sampath as Mailuru Srinivasa Rao/Fernandes
- Sidhaartha Maadhyamika as Mr. Gurudas Naidu
- Samanvitha Shetty as Mrs. Vijayalakshmi Naidu
- Bharath Gowda as Bablu/Young age Kumar
- Siri Ravikumar as Geetha Muttanna
- Sharmila S. Karthik as Thimmakka
- Kiran Kumar as Sebastian
- Hanumanthegowda as K. Ganapathy
- Ramesh Pandit as Chalapathy
|Soundtrack album by|
|Charan Raj chronology|
|Singles from Kavaludaari|
|1.||"Nigooda Nigooda"||Nagarjun Sharma||Sanjith Hegde||04:40|
|2.||"Samshaya"||Dhananjay Ranjan||Aditi Sagar||02:42|
|3.||"Ide Dina"||Dhananjay Ranjan||Siddhant Sundar||04:34|
|4.||"Khali Khali"||Dhananjay Ranjan||Sharanya Gopinath||02:29|
|5.||"Kavaludaari Title Song"||Kiran Kaverappa||Puneeth Rajkumar||02:49|
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
|Kavaludaari - Music From the Motion Picture|
|Film score by|
|Released||09 May 2019|
|Genre||Feature film score|
|9.||"Shyam & Priya"||02:08|
|12.||"Politicians and Their Lies"||01:12|
|13.||"Man Behind the Mask"||03:21|
|15.||"Trip Down Memory Lane"||03:12|
|19.||"Khak the Dirt"||03:33|
|22.||"Circle of Life"||02:11|
- "Hemanth Rao's next titled as Kavalu Daari - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Rishi as police officer in thrilling Kavalu Daari". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Ananth Nag is a reclusive retired inspector in his next - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Anant Nag's cop portrayal leaves 'Kavalu Daari' set speechless". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Roshini Prakash's innocence wins her lead role in Kavalu Daari". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Sidhartha Maadhyamika puts on 15 kgs for his role in Kavalu Daari - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Puneeth Rajkumar: Will act in my home production shortly", Bangalore Mirror, 19 January 2019
- "Kavaludaari remake rights see high demand in south and Bollywood". The New Indian Express.
- "Kavaludaari remake rights see high demand". The New Indian Express.
- "Sibiraj, Nandita Swetha film titled Kabadadaari", Cinema Express, 23 October 2019
- "Sumanth begins shoot for 'Kavaludaari' remake - Times of India". The Times of India.
- R, Shilpa Sebastian (25 September 2018). "Why Kannada actor Sidhaartha believes in living his on-screen characters". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Hemanth ropes Samanvita Shetty, Siri Ravikumar for Kavalu Daari", New Indian Express, 2 October 2017
- "Trailer of Rishi-starrer Kavaludaari to be out today", New Indian Express, 4 April 2019