|Directed by||Sachin Ravi|
|Produced by||HK Prakash|
|Written by||Rakshith Shetty|
|Edited by||Sachin Ravi|
|27 December 2019|
|186 minutes(First Week)|
|Budget||₹ 23 crore|
|Box office||₹ est. 70.80 crore |
Avane Srimannarayana (pronunciation (help·info)) is a 2019 Indian Kannada-language fantasy adventure comedy film[a] directed and edited by Sachin Ravi in his directorial debut. Jointly produced by H. K. Prakash and Pushkara Mallikarjunaiah, the film features Rakshit Shetty and Shanvi Srivastava in lead roles. B. Ajaneesh Loknath and Charan Raj composed the soundtrack, with the former composing the score. Karm Chawla handled the cinematography.
The film was released in Kannada on 27 December 2019.
In pursuit of solving a long-held mystery in the town of Amaravati in Karnataka, centered on missing 'loot', Narayana, a quirky new cop in town, has to get past the much dreaded Jayarama - the leader of the dacoit clan by name Abhiras; and Tukaram - a cunning politician. The film also shows how Narayana - a flawed hero, turns out to become Srimannarayana - a legend.
- Rakshith Shetty as Inspector Narayana
- Shanvi Srivastava as Lakshmi
- Achyuth Kumar as Constable Achyuthanna
- Balaji Manohar as Jayarama
- Pramod Shetty as Tukaram
- Rishab Shetty as Cowboy Krishna in a cameo appearance
- Yograj Bhat as Guptananda swamiji in a cameo appearance
- Madhusudhan Rao as RamaRama
- Gopalakrishna Deshapande as Bandmaster
- Anirudh Mahesh as Shanku
- Salman Ahmed as Drama Company Artist
- Chandan Achar as Drama Company Artist
- Raghu Pandeshwar as Drama Company Artist
- Prakash Thuminad as Drama Company Artist
- Kiran Raj as Drama Company Artist
- Sree Harsha as Drama Company Artist
- Shashank MC as Drama Company Artist
- M. K. Mata as Gadipaar
- Vijay Chendoor as Sudhakara
- Gautham Raj as Vibhasu
- Ashwin Hassan as Narsi
- Raghu Ramanakoppa as Harishchandra
- Rakesh Raaj as Cowboy
- Abhijith Mahesh as Thief
The New Indian Express reported in mid-November 2018 that the screenplay of the film was "nearly done" and that the makers were finalizing on the characters for the film and locations, mostly in the North Karnataka region like Gajendragad of Gadag District. Set in the 1980s in a fictional village Amaravathi, it was revealed that Rakshit Shetty would play a police officer. The film team disclosed that it took 18 months to write the screenplay. It was reported to be the Kannada film with the highest number of shooting call-sheets. The film was shot for 198 days with 335 call sheets where one call sheet is one man-day. The film was compiled with 2000 VFX shots.
The soundtrack is composed by Charan Raj and B. Ajaneesh Loknath, while the latter was chosen to compose the film score, which was orchestrated in Macedonia, Greece. Whilst the audio rights of the film were acquired by Divo, the rights to stream the album were bought by Gaana, through their online music streaming platform. The trailer theme of the film was released on 28 November 2019. The film's first single "Hands Up" was released in four versions except Hindi version on 12 December 2019. It was sung by Vijay Prakash in Kannada, Telugu and Tamil, and Renjith in Malayalam with backing vocals by Shashank Sheshagiri, Pancham Jeeva and Chethan Naik, with lyrics by Nagarjuna Sharma for the original version, Vivek for the Tamil version, Ramajogayya Sastry for the Telugu version, Sudamsu for the Malayalam version and Irshad Kamil for the Hindi version.
This film is slated to release in five languages - Kannada (titled Avane Srimannarayana), Hindi (titled Adventures of Srimannarayana), Malayalam (titled Avan Srimannarayana), Tamil (titled Avane Srimannarayana) and Telugu (titled Athade Srimannarayana). Initially, the makers wanted to release the film simultaneously in all languages on 27 December 2019. But the Kannada version was slated to release on the said date, whereas the Telugu version is scheduled to release on 1 January 2020, the Tamil and Malayalam versions on 3 January 2020 and the Hindi version on 17 January 2020. But Hindi version again postponed due to less availability of screen for hindi version.
|The Times of India|
|The News Minute|
|The Indian Express|
Avane Srimannarayana received positive reviews from critics, CNN-News18 gave 4 out of 5 stars stating "Srimannarayana (Rakshit Shetty) is witty and charming. Keeping the local milieu authentic with his dialogue delivery and mannerism, Shetty shoulders the film in the best way possible. Ajaneesh Lokanath, a promising music director has definitely left his mark". The Times of India gave 3.5 out of 5 stars stating "Avane Srimannarayana scores with its performances, the cinematography, sets and background score elevate the tale. Srimannarayana is a treat for fans of not just Rakshit Shetty, but those who like cinema to be a wholesome intelligent exercise". The News Minute gave 4 out of 5 stars stating "Avane Srimannarayana fantasy thriller is a visual treat and scores high on performances. Rakshit Shetty as the smart, witty, bad cop is good to watch and we get to a see different version of the actor in Shanvi Srivastava. Debut director Sachin Ravi has fulfilled the promise of delivering a sure-fire hit, and Ajneesh Loknath’s background music is the film’s biggest plus".
The Indian Express gave 3.5 out of 5 stars stating "In spite of its flaws, Avane Srimannarayana is an important Kannada film. To put it like Narayana, the history of Kannada cinema could be divided into before and after Avane Srimannarayana".
Rishab Shetty, who makes a cameo appearance in the film as "Cowboy Krishna", registered the title of his character upon witnessing the audience's reaction to the character. The New Indian Express reported that a "high-budget" spin-off film for the character will be produced by H. K. Prakash and written by Shetty and the writers of Avane Srimannarayana.
- The genre of the film is as disclosed by the film's team in its press release
- "ASN on BMS", BookMyShow
- Anchor, Anushree (19 December 2019), "EXCLUSIVE: Team Avane Srimannarayana With Anchor Anushree", YouTube
- "Avane Srimannarayana (ASN) Box Office Collection-Day Wise-Worldwide", Sacnilk.com, 23 January 2020, retrieved 25 January 2020
- "Avane Srimannarayana Press Release (Page 1)", Twitter, 28 November 2019
- "Avane Srimannarayana has a universal appeal: Rakshit Shetty", Deccan Chronicle, 1 December 2019
- "Pushkar Films to distribute Avane Srimannarayana in Karnataka". The New Indian Express. 15 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Kirik Party's editor Sachin to direct Rakshit in a purely romantic subject". The Times of India. 24 January 2017.
- "Rakshit Shetty's Next Film Titled As Avane Srimannarayana". Filmibeat.com. 28 February 2018.
- "Avane Srimannarayana has a universal appeal: Rakshit Shetty". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Avane Srimannarayana Set In 1980s". Chitraloka. 10 November 2018.
- "Avane Srimannarayana to get multiple release dates". The New Indian Express.
- "Rakshit Shetty to play SMART 80s cop in Avane Sriman Narayana". The New Indian Express. 11 November 2017. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "Here's what special about Rakshit Shetty starrer-Avane Srimannarayana", Bangalore Mirror, 6 June 2019
- "Avane Srimannarayana Press Release (Page 2)", Twitter, 28 November 2019
- "B Ajaneesh Loknath works with an orchestra from Macedonia for Avane Srimannarayana", TOI, 25 October 2019
- "Hands Up, first single from Rakshit Shetty-starrer 'ASN' to be released on December 12". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "Avane Srimannarayana first look poster out! Rakshit Shetty looks dapper as a cop", Timesnownews, 24 November 2019
- "'Avane Srimannarayana' to release in five languages", TOI, 12 April 2019
- "Avane Srimannarayana Movie Review: Rakshith Shetty Steals the Show". CNN-News18. 27 December 2019. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Avane Srimannarayana Movie Review : Narayana impresses in this fantasy drama". The Times of India. 27 December 2019. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "'Avane Srimannarayana' review". The News Minute. 27 December 2019. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Avane Srimannarayana movie review: The Rakshit Shetty-starrer is an important Kannada film". The Indian Express. 27 December 2019. Retrieved 27 December 2019.
- "Rishab Shetty registers Cowboy Krishna title - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Rishab Shetty stars in and as 'Cowboy Krishna'". The New Indian Express.