Keith R. Hall
Keith R. Hall
|12th Director of the National Reconnaissance Office|
March 28, 1997 – December 13, 2001
George W. Bush
|Preceded by||Jeffrey K. Harris|
|Succeeded by||Peter B. Teets|
|Born||June 30, 1947|
Rockville Centre, New York
Mr. Hall was appointed Deputy Director NRO and acting Director NRO concurrently in 1996, and promptly introduced financial management reforms culminating in a single NRO accounting system. He also convened an independent body of experts from the defense, intelligence, and corporate sectors to evaluate the future of the NRO.
Bringing the NRO to a financial sound position, Mr. Hall boosted the agency's credibility and made it a government-wide acquisition and contracting center of excellence. He strengthened the NRO's commitment to advanced research and development to revolutionize overhead reconnaissance architecture. Following his service at the NRO, Hall became a Senior Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Hall earned a B.A. degree in history and political science from Alfred University. He was commissioned as a United States Army intelligence officer in 1970, serving until 1979. Hall also received a Master of Public Administration degree from Clark University.
Hall served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security from 1991 to 1995. While serving as director of the National Reconnaissance Office, he concurrently served as Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Space from 1997 to 2001. Hall received an honorary Doctor of Science degree from Alfred University in 1997.
- Laurie, Clayton. Leaders of the National Reconnaissance Office 1961-2001. Office of the Historian, National Reconnaissance Office. 1 May 2002.
- "Herrick Memorial Library". Alfred University. Retrieved 2021-10-23.
- Marquis Who's Who on the Web
- Center for the Study of National Reconnaissance: "Deputy Directors of the NRO," 1998
- "National Reconnaissance Office: Keith R. Hall official biography" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- "1997 Congressional Hearing (Intelligence and Security): Mr. Keith R. Hall's Prepared Nomination Testimony". Federation of American Scientists. Retrieved 2021-10-23.
- "Keith R. Hall". Global Positioning System National Advisory Board. Retrieved 2021-10-23.