Kelappaji College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology
|Dean||Dr. Santhy Mary Mathew|
|Location||Tavanur, Malappuram, Kerala, India
|Campus||99 acres (400,000 m2) on the banks of the Bharathapuzha River|
The Kelappaji College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology (KCAET), the only Agricultural Engineering college in Kerala, is situated at Tavanur in Malappuram district. It’s named after the freedom fighter and social reformer Sri K. Kelappan.
The college is affiliated to the faculty of Agricultural Engineering of Kerala Agricultural University.
B.Tech. and M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering courses were started on the 99-acre (400,000 m2) campus in 1985. A B.Tech in Food Engineering was added in 2011. The major courses offered at KCAET are the B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering and Food Engineering, with intake capacity of 40 per course, and the M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering. The M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering is offered in the disciplines of Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Farm Power Machinery and Energy and Food Processing Engineering, each having an intake capacity of 5.
1963 to 1985
In 1963, the Government of India started the Rural Institute at Tavanur (Malappuram District) in Kerala. The 99 hectares of land for the institute were acquired from Sri Parameshwaran Nambudiri of Tavanur Mana. In 1975 the institute was taken over by Kerala Agricultural University and was renamed the Institute of Agricultural Technology (IAT). IAT offered Diplomas in subjects including Agricultural Science and Agricultural and Rural Engineering. And by 1987 later these diploma programs were discontinued.
1985 to present
In 1985 the institute was again renamed, as Kelappaji College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology. Until then the Agricultural Engineering course had been under the College of Agriculture at Vellayani. This was then brought to Tavanur and was renamed as B.Tech and M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering under the faculty of Agricultural Engineering of KAU. In 2011 the B.Tech in food engineering was added.
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering): selected by the Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree (KEAM) Examination conducted by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- M.Tech. programmes: selected by Kerala Agricultural University based on entrance tests.
- ICAR seats: certain seats are available for the candidates who are selected via ICAR entrance examination 
- B.Tech (Food Engineering): admission by the Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree (KEAM)Examination conducted by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- Food and Agricultural Process engineering.
- Land and Water Resources Conservation Engineering.
- Irrigation and Drainage Engineering.
- Farm Power, Machinery and Energy.
- Supportive and Allied Courses of Study.
- B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering
- B.Tech. Food Engineering(30000 per sem)
- M.Tech. Farm Power, Machinery and Energy
- M.Tech. Land and Water Resources Conservation Engineering
- M.Tech. Post Harvest Technology and Agricultural Processing
- Ph.D. Farm Power, Machinery and Energy
- Ph.D. Land and Water Resources Conservation Engineering
- Ph.D. Post Harvest Technology and Agricultural Processing