|Reg Holdsworth in Coronation Street|
General Leopold von Flockenstuffen in 'Allo 'Allo!
|Television||'Allo 'Allo! (1988–1991)|
Coronation Street (1989–1995)
Celebrity Fit Club (2005)
Celebrity Masterchef (2014)
Celebrity Big Brother (2015)
|Spouse(s)||Susan Morley (1989-present)|
Ken Morley (born 17 January 1943) is an English actor and comedian. He is best known for playing the role of Reg Holdsworth in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street from 1989 to 1995 and as General Leopold von Flockenstuffen in the BBC sitcom 'Allo 'Allo! from 1988 to 1991.
Morley was born in Chorley Hospital in Chorley, Lancashire, England. He was the only child born to engineer father Frank Morley and his mother Phyllis Morley. He was educated at St. Peter's Church of England School and Elementary School until the age of twelve and then he attended Ashworth College until he was fifteen. Morley left school with no qualifications. Ken trained as an apprentice mechanic and in September 1963 he enrolled at Alston Hall College where he gained six O Levels and two A Levels. In 1966, he moved to London to become a primary school teacher in Holloway Road. He then moved back to Lancashire and became a supply teacher, mainly in History and English. Later in his teaching career, Ken was a teacher at Smithills High School in Bolton, Craigmount School in Edinburgh and Archbishop Tennison School in London.
Morley has been a regular on British television since the 1970s, his earliest role being in an episode of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. His first major role television role was playing General Leopold von Flockenstuffen in the BBC war sitcom 'Allo 'Allo! starring in the show from 1988 to 1991. From 1989 to 1995, he played eccentric shop manager Reg Holdsworth in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street. He became a household name for the role of Reg Holdsworth and the character's spectacle glasses. He left the show in 1995, to pursue other acting roles and projects. In 1997, he appeared as a Librarian in the children's television show Woof! and guest starred as Nazi Captain Voorhese in the sitcom Red Dwarf. In 1998, he appeared in an episode of the television show The Grand as Harry Frindel. In 1999, Morley returned to Coronation Street in the spin-off show Coronation Street: After Hours alongside former Coronation Street actress Julie Goodyear. He has also appeared in Emmerdale spin-off show Emmerdale: Don't Look Now! - The Dingles in Venice playing Reg Holdsworth.
Morley also appears in the adverts for Safestyle UK double glazing windows. He features as a character similar to Reg Holdsworth.
Morley is a pantomime favourite and has appeared in many pantomimes including: Jack and the Beanstalk, Aladdin, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and lots more.
In 2011, he appeared in an episode of the children's television show Sooty as Hurbert Fanshawe.
Morley has promoted and appeared in the adverts Coronation Street Bingo for Gala Bingo.
In January 2015, Morley participated in the fifteenth series of the Channel 5 show Celebrity Big Brother. He entered the house on Day 1 as a Housemate and Contestant. On 12 January 2015, he was removed from the Big Brother house for using "racist and sexist language". Ofcom had earlier received 233 complaints about his behaviour.
|1988–1991||'Allo 'Allo!||General Leopold von Flockenstuffen||Series Regular|
|1989–1995||Coronation Street||Reg Holdsworth||Series Regular|
|1997||Red Dwarf||Captain Vooherse||1 Episode, Episode Titled: "Stoke Me a Clipper"|
|1999||Coronation Street: After Hours||Reg Holdsworth||Coronation Street Spin-Off, 4 Episodes|
|1999||Emmerdale: Don't Look Now! - The Dingle's in Venice||Reg Holdsworth||Emmerdale Spin-Off|
|2005||Celebrity Fit Club||Himself||Contestant/Participant|
|2010||Coronation Street: A Knights Tale||Reg Holdsworth||Coronation Street Spin-Off|
|2011||Sooty||Hubert Fanshawe||1 Episode, Episode Titled: "Run Rabbit Run"|
|2015||Celebrity Big Brother||Himself||Contestant/Participant|
- Celebrity Squares (1993) - 3 Episodes
- Surprise Surprise (1994) - 1 Episode
- Live Talk (2000) - 1 Episode
- This Morning (2000) - 1 Episode
- The Weakest Link (2003) - Soap Star Special - 1 Episode
- This Morning (2003) - 1 Episode
- Celebrities Under Pressure (2004) - 1 Episode
- Today with Des and Mel (2004) - 1 Episode
- Dick and Dom in da Bungalow (2004) - 1 Episode
- Loose Women (2006) - 1 Episode
- Richard & Judy (2009) - 1 Episode
- Come Dine with Me (2010) - Coronation Street Special - 1 Episode
- Loose Women (2010) - 2 Episodes
- This Morning (2010) - 1 Episode
- BBC Breakfast (2011) - 1 Episode
- Pointless Celebrities (2012) - 1 Episode
- Loose Women (2012) - 1 Episode
- Celebrity Five Go To... (2012) - 4 Episodes
- Piers Morgan's Life Stories (2013) - 1 Episode
Morley married Blackheath High School teacher Sue on 27 July 1989 at Woolwich Town Hall. He has one son who was born on 11 November 1990. Morley and his family now reside and split their time between their homes in Clayton-le-woods and London.
Morley, has been associated with several criminal incidents against him in recent years; it was reported in October 2007 that his wife had been attacked during an armed raid on their house, and five years earlier, in 2002, he was the victim of a mugging by a group of youths who stole his trademark glasses, which were later recovered.
Morley, has had a fascination with cars since he was young. He was an avid car collector, his collection included:
- 1956 Ford Fairlane
- 1959 pink Cadillac Coupe de Ville
- two 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham – one since sold
- MG ZT V8
All of Morley's American car collection have now been sold.
- "Corrie star Ken Morley kicked off Celebrity Big Brother". Newsbeat. 12 January 2015.
- "Raid on former Street star's home". BBC News. 7 October 2007. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "Former Street star attacked". BBC News. 2 May 2002.
- "My Star Car". Sunday Mirror. 28 July 1996. Archived from the original on 17 June 2011.
- Cadillac – Used Cars on Carzone.ie – New & Used Cars in Ireland