Hughes High School
|Hughes High School|
|310 College Street
Hughes, Arkansas 72348
|School type||Public comprehensive|
|Closed||July 1, 2015|
|School district||Hughes School District|
|NCES School ID||050801000520|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.57|
|Education system||ADE Smart Core|
|Classes offered||Regular, Advanced Placement (AP)|
|Campus type||Rural; distant|
|Athletics conference||1A 1 West (2012–14)|
|Team name||Hughes Blue Devils|
|Affiliation||Arkansas Activities Association|
Hughes High School (HHS) was an accredited comprehensive public high school located in Hughes, Arkansas, until it was closed due to declining enrollment in 2015. The students were consolidated with the West Memphis School District. The Hughes High School mascot for academic and athletic teams was the Blue Devil with royal blue and white serving as the school colors.
- Gus Malzahn, head football coach from 1992 to 1994
- Mark R. Martin (1986), Secretary of State of Arkansas since 2011; member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from Washington County from 2005 to 2011; resident of Prairie Grove in Washington County
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for ST. Paul High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Hughes Arkansas Schools ordered to merge with West Memphis School District". WREG. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Ed Board votes to consolidate Hughes, West Memphis districts". Arkansas News. Retrieved 2015-10-11.
- "Mark Martin Biography". Arkansas Secretary of State. Retrieved December 10, 2013.