Kendriya Vidyalaya Adoor
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Adoor|
|Authority||Ministry of Human Resource|
|Principal||N Suresh Babu|
Kendriya Vidyalaya, Adoor is a CBSE Higher Secondary School located in the heart of Adoor, Kerala. The school is run by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, an autonomous body under the Department of Education, Ministry of HRD, of Government of India. This school was established in 1993 by the central government. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Adoor, Pathanamthitta Dist had a phenomenal growth as is reflected by the fact by 2004, it became one of the few Kendriya Vidyalayas to be given the rare privilege of introducing a second shift. Quality is the essence of the work culture here and the results of class X & XII Board Examinations stand testimony to this. Today with thousand five hundred odd students and about 56 members of staff, the institution has quietly taken over the mantle of a pioneer and trend-setter with teaching - learning methods, amenities and infrastructure that would do a most modern school proud.
The Vidyalaya has registered consistent growth ever since its inception. Construction of own building for the Vidyalaya started in 1998 and the building was taken over in March 2001. The results in Classes X and XII board examinations have been consistently good. The Vidyalaya started +2 Stream in Science in 2002. Due to the heavy demand for admission, Shift system was introduced in the Vidyalaya in 2004. Today the Vidyalaya runs two shifts - with classes up to XII in Science stream in Shift I and up to XII Commerce in Shift II. Further a Science stream was started in Shift II in 2007-08. Construction work of 9 units of Staff quarters is completed, Construction of 9 additional Class rooms and a second Computer Lab is over and handed over to Vidyalaya .
K V Adoor started in 1993 with only up to V grade but has grown to great heights since then. The Vidyalaya started +2 Stream in Science in 2002. Due to the heavy demand for admission, Shift system was introduced in the Vidyalaya in 2004. Today the Vidyalaya runs two shifts, with classes up to XII in Science stream in Shift I and up to XII Commerce in Shift II. Further a Science stream was started in Shift II in 2007-08. Today K V Adoor has I to XII grade with Science, Commerce and Computer Science streams in +2 level. The main objective of Kendriya Vidyalaya is to cater to the educational needs of the children of transferable Central Government employees including Defence and Para-Military personnel by providing a common syllabus and system of education. The institution is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).Headmaster of first shift is sri.John Mathew. K V adoor is famous for Joseph Samuel who got 2nd in CBSE exam
- Sanction for the School came on 18-06-1993.
- The School Office Opened on 09-08-1993 with 1 Principal,1 Teacher,1 L D C and 1 GroupD.
- Formal Inauguration by Vice President of India Mr K R Narayanan on 07-09- 1993. Commissioner Mrs Lissy Jacob attended the inauguration .The public response was overwhelming. One thousand five hundred applicants urged our Commissioner to sanction the second division to the first standard.
- Our classes started on 17th Sept 1993 in the State Govt. Boys High School Adoor. Same campus 3 acres land along with old buildings were handed over as a temporary measure to house the School .The Staff strength went up from the initial total 4 to 12 including office staff.
- The Second division for Class I started in the Inaugural Year 1993. In 1999, 3 acres land was allotted and transferred to K V S.In 2000 the new building was constructed .The first batch X students passed out in the Year 1999.
- The School was upgraded to Senior Secondary in 2002 and the first XII students passed out in 2004. The growth of the School saw the birth of the Shift System in August 2004 from classes 01-09.The ninth standard students being few were merged with the first shift .
- The Second Division for classes 2,3,4,5 was sanctioned in 2006.In the same year Commerce Stream was sanctioned. In 2007 orders were issued to accommodate the Surplus students of the Shift I in the newly sanctioned Science Stream.
- In 2009 Sanction for one more division classes 1-4 was obtained and admissions made.
- Two shifts - 7am to 12:25 pm and 12.35 pm to 6 pm.
- Three streams for +2.
- Hindi is taught from class I onwards.
- Sanskrit is taught as a compulsory subject from classes VI to VIII and as an optional subject till class XII.
- German as Hobby Language
- Administrator. "Kendriya Vidyalaya, Adoor, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala - About Kendriya Vidyalaya, Adoor". kvadoor.gov.in. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Genesis Text" (PDF).