Kenneth L. Marcus
Kenneth L. Marcus is the Lillie and Nathan Ackerman Chair in Equality and Justice in America at Baruch College of the City University of New York and Founding President of the Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights under Law. Formerly, he was staff director at the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.
Marcus was credited by the Wall Street Journal with having taken "an agency in disarray" that lacked "basic management controls," and turned it into an agency that "deserves a medal for good governance." 
He was also noted for instituting a policy under which the Department of Justice's Office of Civil Rights would consider civil rights complaints from groups, like Muslims, Jews and Sikhs, that combine religious and ethnic characteristics, who can now sue for discrimination under Title VI because of their ethnic (but not religious) traits. 
Kenneth L. Marcus received a Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, from Williams College in June 1988. He was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in June 1987. He received a Juris Doctor from University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Boalt Hall in 1991.
- The Definition of Anti-Semitism, Oxford University Press, 2015
- "The Second Mutation: Israel and Political Anti-Semitism", inFocus Spring 2008 • Vol. II: No. 1
- "Anti-Zionism as Racism: Campus Anti-Semitism and the Civil Rights Act of 1964", February 2007 issue of the William and Mary Bill of Rights Journal (pp. 837-891, published by the students of the William and Mary Law School)
- “The Resurgence of Anti-Semitism on American College Campuses", Current Psychology, Vol. 26, Nos. 3 & 4, 2007
- “The Most Important Right We Think We Have But Don't: Freedom from Religious Discrimination in Education". Nevada Law Journal, Vol. 7, p. 171, 2006
- "Jurisprudence of the New Anti-Semitism", Wake Forest Law Review, Vol. 44, 2009.
- Bush Appoints Kenneth Marcus '91 as Director of U.S. Civil Rights Commission
- Civil Rights Commission Director to Step Down | Reuters
- Title VI and Title IX Religious Discrimination in Schools and Colleges
- Virginia Civil Rights Attorneys.com : Gpo Helps U.S. Commission On Civil Rights To Stop Hate On College Campuses
- Mitchell Langbert's Blog: Kenneth L. Marcus's "Anti-Zionism as Racism: Campus Anti-Semitism and the Civil Rights Act of 1964"