This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by Kenny Rogers|
|Label||United Artists Group|
|Kenny Rogers chronology|
"Tulsa Turnaround" is a reworking of an earlier song Rogers recorded with The First Edition.
The album reached the top five of the US Billboard album chart and #1 in the Country charts (where it stayed for a record total of 25 weeks). In the UK, it was a top ten album as well. In 2007, the album was issued as a two album set on one CD, the other album included on the disc being the self-titled Kenny Rogers from 1976.
In the sleevenotes for the 2009 reissue on the Edsel record label, biographer Chris Bolton notes that this album "does its best to represent every musical personality of Kenny Rogers." Stephen Thomas Erlewine states that the album mixes music styles from Country to Disco.
This album has reportedly sold over 20 million copies worldwide.
|1.||"You Turn the Light On"||Louis Anderson, Stephen Geyer||3:03|
|2.||"You Decorated My Life"||Deborah Kay Hupp, Robert E. Morrison||3:38|
|3.||"She's a Mystery"||Larry Keith, Steve Pippin||2:54|
|4.||"Goodbye Marie"||Dennis Linde, Mel McDaniel||2:47|
|5.||"Tulsa Turnaround"||Larry Collins, Paul Cotton, Alex Harvey||2:52|
|6.||"I Want to Make You Smile"||Bill Medley||3:20|
|7.||"Santiago Midnight Moonlight"||John Porter McMeans||3:14|
|8.||"One Man's Woman"||Steve Glassmeyer||3:45|
|9.||"In and Out of Your Heart"||Thomas Cain, Randy Cullers, Dennis Linde, Alan Rush||3:23|
|10.||"Old Folks"||Willard Robison||2:44|
|11.||"Coward of the County"||Roger D. Bowling, Billy Ed Wheeler||4:20|
- Kenny Rogers – lead vocals
- Billy Sanford, Dave Kirby, Jerry Shook, Jimmy Capps, Johnny Christopher, Larry Keith, Randy Dorman, Ray Edenton, Reggie Young, Rick Harper, Steve Glassmeyer – guitar
- Bob Moore, Charles "Chuck" Jacob, Joe Osborn, Tommy Allsup – bass
- Bobby Wood, Chuck Cochran, David Briggs, Edgar Struble, Gene Golden, Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Larry Keith, Shane Keister – keyboards
- Edgar Struble – synthesizer
- Bobby Thompson – banjo
- Bobby Daniels – drums
- Farrell Morris – percussion
- Steve Glassmeyer – saxophone
- Bergen White, Bobby Daniels, Buzz Cason, Don Gant, Donna McElroy, Edgar Struble, Lea Jane Berinati, Steve Glassmeyer, Todd Cerney, Tom Brannon, Yvonne Hodges – background vocals
- Sheldon Kurland Strings – strings
- Bill Justis, Edgar Struble (track 10) – string arrangements
- Producer, Mixing – Larry Butler
- Engineers – Billy Sherrill (Tracks 1, 2, 4-8, 10 & 11); Harold Lee (Tracks 3 & 9).
- Recorded at American Studios and Jack Clements Recording Studios (Nashville, TN).
- Mastered by Bob Sowell at Master Control (Nashville, TN).
- Artwork – Bill Burks
- Photography – Reid Miles
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||5|
|Canadian RPM Country Albums||1|
|Canadian RPM Top Albums||1|
|UK Albums Chart||7|