Kevin Braheny Fortune
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1977, he built his highly customized Mighty Serge, a 15-panel system that he would use on his own albums. He also built a system for Craig Huxley that he then sold to Michael Stearns. He taught Stearns how to play and customize it. Michael Stearns would later become famous for albums performed on this Serge, such as Planetary Unfolding (1981) and the soundtrack of Chronos (1984).
The EWI wind controllers are extremely versatile and expressive instruments. All of the EWIs use breath, sax- or trumpet-like fingerings, bite, and thumbs to control the instrument. They must be used with a companion synthesizer module. The Steiner EWI has an easily recognizable sound that can resemble a cross between a soprano saxophone and a deep cello.
- The Way Home (1978)
- Lullaby for the Hearts of Space (1980, reissued Hearts of Space, 1991, CD - Hearts of Space, 2017)
- Western Spaces with Steve Roach & Richard Burmer (1987)
- Galaxies (Hearts of Space, 1988)
- Desert Solitaire with Steve Roach & Michael Stearns (1989)
- Secret Rooms (Hearts of Space, 1990)
- Rain (Hearts of Space, 1995) with Tim Clark
- The Spell (Hearts of Space, 1996) with Tim Clark
- Phares, Heather. "Biography: Kevin Braheny". Allmusic. Retrieved 22 May 2010.
- "In 1977, '78 I built the highly customized Mighty Serge, a 15-panel system. (Recent photo attached.) I built a system for Craig Huxley that he then sold to Michael Stearns. I taught Michael how to play it.... Planetary Unfolding was not done by me but Michael Stearns using patches he learned from me."
- "Galaxies". Valley Entertainment-Hearts of Space Records. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Secret Rooms". Valley Entertainment-Hearts of Space Records. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "Rain". Valley Entertainment-Hearts of Space Records. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
- "The Spell". Valley Entertainment-Hearts of Space Records. Retrieved 18 June 2010.
|This article on an American electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|