Kevin Harrington (entrepreneur)
|Born||October 15, 1956 (age 62)|
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, business executive|
|Known for||panel member on Shark Tank|
Kevin Harrington (born October 15, 1956) is an American entrepreneur and business executive. Harrington is the founder of As Seen On TV. He has appeared on the television series Shark Tank and the American annual invention trade show Inpex 2012 as Keynote Speaker.
Harrington claims to be the "inventor of the infomercial". He created his first infomercial in 1985 approximately 36 years after Vitamix began broadcasting infomercials for its products in 1949. Despite this fact Harrington continues to claim he invented the genre. A President of National Media he oversaw the launch of several successful infomercials. After leaving National Media in 1994, he formed a "joint venture company with The Home Shopping Network" and "co-founded HSN Direct International Inc. and served as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and President" between 1994 and 1998. In 2002, he became the President of Harrington Business Development Inc. and the Chairman of On TV, Inc. That same year, he became the Vice Chairman and Director of Thane International Inc. and the Director of Reliant International Inc., leaving both positions in 2003. In 2004, Harrington became the Chairman of Reliant Interactive Media Corp. and the CEO of ResponzeTV America, LLC.
Harrington was the Director of Infusion Brands International, Inc. from 2006 to 2008. In 2007, he became the Chief Executive Officer of ResponzeTV Plc and the Executive Director of ResponzeTV Plc, leaving both positions in 2008. Harrington was one of the original panel members and investors ("Sharks") on the ABC TV series Shark Tank from its inception in 2009. He left in 2011 after two seasons of the show.
Harrington published his book, Act Now: How I Turn Ideas into Million-Dollar Products in 2009. In 2010, Harrington became a Member of Advisory Board at AbsolutelyNew, Inc. and the Chairman and Senior Executive Officer of H & H Imports Inc. In 2013, he teamed with Cherif Medawar through efreedom.com and together they laid out a plan to equip up-and-coming innovators and business owners with the tools and methods to become Sharks themselves.
He serves as CEO of the Internet company TVGoods and Senior Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors for the company called As Seen On TV, Inc. Harrington has been the Director of Harrington Business Development Inc., since 2002. He is an ex officio of the Electronic Retailing Association (ERA), Founders Circle. Kevin Harrington became the company spokesperson for InventHelp in April 2013.
- Act Now: How I Turn Ideas into Million-Dollar Products (HCI, 2009) 
- Key Person of Influence: The Five-Step Method to Become One of the Most Highly Valued and Highly Paid People in Your Industry (Rethink Press Limited, 2015) 
- Put a Shark in Your Tank: Actionable Steps to Business Success (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2017) 
- The Secrets of Closing the Sale Masterclass inspired by the teaching of Zig Ziglar.
- "INPEX (Invention & New Product Exposition) on June 13, 2012". yahoo finance.
- Kevin Harrington Executive Profile Bloomberg Businessweek
- How I Turn Ideas into the Next Million Dollar Product World Cat
- Electronic Retailing Association website, Founders Circle
- InventHelp Press Release, PRWeb.com; accessed May 22, 2013.
- Kevin., Harrington, (2009). Act now! : how I turn ideas into the next million-dollar product. Simon, William L., 1930-. Deerfield Beach, FL: Health Communications. ISBN 9780757307560. OCLC 295002321.
- Kevin., Harrington, (2015). Key person of influence : the five-step method to become one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry. Priestley, Daniel. (North American ed.). [Gorleston, England]: Rethink Press. ISBN 9781781331163. OCLC 918389686.
- Kevin,, Harrington,. Put a shark in your tank : actionable steps to business success. [Pasadena, Calif.] ISBN 9781532892769. OCLC 1011520202.
- "Must-Have Timeless Secrets From Two Sales Closing Masters". Inc.com. 2017-12-20. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Harrington, Kevin. ""Shark" From Hit TV Show Brings "To Life" Legendary Sales Guru Zig Ziglar Content Not Available To The General Public". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-04-03.