Kevin T. VanTassell
|Kevin T. VanTassell|
|Member of the Utah Senate
from the 26th district
January 15, 2007 – present
|Born||March 3, 1952|
|Political party||Republican Party|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Kevin T. Van Tassell (born March 3, 1952) is an American politician and former manager of Zion's Bank in Vernal, Utah. A Republican, he is a member of the Utah State Senate, representing the state's 26th senate district in Daggett, Duchesne, Summit, Uintah and Wasatch Counties.
Early Life, Education, and Career
Van Tassell attended Brigham Young University and graduated from American Banker's Commercial Lending School. He is a banker by profession. Van Tassell is the past president of the Duchesne County Hospital Board and has been a member of the Intermountain Farmer Board of Directors, Vernal Chamber of Commerce Dinamites, and Vernal Rotary Club.
Van Tassell is married to his wife, Janice, who helps out in the Senate every year.
Van Tassell was elected to the Senate in 2005 and began his service in 2006. During his legislative service, Van Tassell was the recipient of the Utah Adult Protective Services Outstanding Achievement Award and the "It begins with Me Award" from Zion's Bank. Senator Van Tassell is the Chair for the Senate Rules Committee.
In 2016, Van Tassell served on the following committees:
- Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations Subcommittee
- Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environmental Quality Appropriations Subcommittee
- Senate Rules Committee (Chair)
- Senate Transportation and Public Utilities and Technology Committee
- Senate Health and Human Services Committee
|Republican||Kevin Van Tassell||15,249||69.7%|
2016 sponsored bills
|Bill Number||Bill Title||Bill Status|
|S.B. 14||American Indian and Alaskan Native Amendments||Governor Signed 3/18/2016|
|S.B. 17||Revenue and Taxation Amendments||Governor Signed 3/28/2016|
|S.B. 118||Uintah Basin Air Quality Research Project||Governor Signed 3/21/2016|
|S.B. 132||Commercial Driver License Amendments||Governor Signed 3/22/2016|
|S.B. 159||Severance Tax Exemption Extension||Governor Signed 3/28/2016|
|S.B. 162||Crime Victims Council Amendments||Governor Signed 3/17/2016|
|S.B. 173||State Fair Park Revisions||Governor Signed 3/25/2016|
|S.B. 177||Nighttime Highway Construction Noise Amendments||Governor Signed 3/22/2016|
|S.B. 200||Compensatory Mitigation Program for Sage Grouse||Governor Signed 3/28/2016|
|S.B. 236||Utah Communications Authority Governance Amendments||Senate/Filed for bills not passed 3/10/2016|
|S.C.R. 3||Concurrent Resolution Supporting American Indian and Alaskan Native Education State Plan||Governor Signed 3/1/2016|
|S.J.R. 15||Joint Rules Resolution—Conference Committees||Senate/To Lieutenant Governor 3/17/2016|
|S.R 2||Senate Rules Resolution—Rules Committee Notice||Senate/To Lieutenant Governor 3/1/2016|
- "Van Tassell, Kevin". Utah State Senate. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "Kevin T. Van Tassell's Political Summary". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 15, 2014.
- "District 26 Senator - Utah State Senate". senate.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Kevin Van Tassell - Ballotpedia". ballotpedia.org. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "2016 -- Legislation(Senate)". le.utah.gov. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
|This article about a Utah politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|