|Elevation||245 m (804 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Chhattisgarhi, Marwari|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||2:1 ♂/♀|
Kharsia is located at  It has an average elevation of 245 metres (803 feet). But right now this small city has been facing pollution problem since last 3–4 years and nobody seems to have found any resolution to it..
As of 2001[update] India census, Kharsia had a population of 17,387. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Kharsia has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 64.84%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 63%. In Kharsia, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kharsia is also called "KUBER KI BASTI".
- Late Lakhiram Agrawal, Former Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh BJP President and ex-Rajya Sabha MP
- Late Nand Kumar Patel, President Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committees, First Home minister of Chhattisgarh
- New Vivekanand Convent
- Vande Mataram High School
- National Convent School
- National Science and Commerce College
- Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir
- St. John's English Medium School
- The Bridgewill School
- Alok International School
- Kamala Nehru Public School
- Sankracharya School
- Marwan Devi College
- Nagar Palika Girls School
- Naveen School
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri Govt. Higher Secondary School
- Kadarsh Sarkari School
- Bachpan Play School
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Kharsia
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
It is the politics hub of chhatishgarh where
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|