|Full name||Kirk Hudson|
|Date of birth||12 December 1986|
|Place of birth||Rochford, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Playing position||Winger, Striker|
|2005||→ Thurrock (loan)|
|2006||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||12||(2)|
|2006||→ Ashford Town (loan)||4||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ AFC Wimbledon (loan)||14||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 03:13, 26 September 2015 (UTC).
Hudson played schoolboy and youth football at Ipswich Town before moving north of the border to join Celtic where he was a regular scorer as the Celtic youth team completed the Under-19 League and SFA Youth Cup double in 2005.
Trials and Football League debut
Following his release by Celtic, he had a trial at Bournemouth and signed a short term contract. In September 2005, he made a single appearance and debut in the Football League, when he came on as a substitute against Swindon Town. In November 2005 he was loaned out to Thurrock for a month and he also had a trial with Southend United.
In January 2006, Hudson arrived at the Recreation Ground, as a trialist and scored twice on his debut away against Basingstoke Town in the Hampshire Senior Cup quarter-final. He spent the rest of the 2005–06 season at Aldershot Town on non-contract terms, before signing on full contract terms in July 2006. In September 2006 he was then sent on loan for a month to Isthmian Premier League side Ashford Town (Middlesex). After a fruitful first month, the loan spell was extended by a further month.
Once back at Aldershot Town, Hudson started to break into the first team and he was voted the Conference National "Player of the Month" for February 2008. He also signed a contract extension in March 2008, committing himself to the club until the end of the 2009–10 season. Hudson also played his part in helping Aldershot Town win both the Conference National title and the Conference League Cup. He also marked his fine season by receiving the Conference National "Young Player of the Season" Award.
Hudson played in Aldershot Town's first ever League Two match at Accrington Stanley on the opening day of the 2008–09 season. In September 2008 he made his 100th appearance for Aldershot Town, when he came on as a substitute against Swindon Town in the Football League Trophy game. He scored his first-ever Football League goal against Gillingham later that month.
On 28 June 2010, Hudson signed for Brentford. After making two league appearances, he moved on loan to Conference National side AFC Wimbledon on 31 December, working under manager Terry Brown for the second time in his career. He made his debut for the club the next day as a 47th-minute substitute against Hayes & Yeading. Hudson made no appearances for Brentford during the 2011–12 season and left the club by mutual consent in March 2012.
On 21 August 2012, Hudson signed for Canvey Island having previously spent time with manager Steve Tilson whilst on trial at Southend United. Hudson left the club a month later, after making only three substitute appearances.
- "Bournemouth sign Surman on loan". BBC Sport. 4 August 2005. Retrieved 13 November 2007.
- "Hudson gets his chance at last". Clacton and Frinton Gazette. 1 November 2005. Retrieved 13 November 2007.
- "Shots sign Griffiths and Hudson". BBC Sport. 20 January 2006. Retrieved 20 January 2006.
- "Aldershot pair sent out on loan". BBC Sport. 9 August 2006. Retrieved 13 November 2007.
- "Loan Spell Extended For Kirk". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 11 October 2006.
- "Blue Square Player of the Month – February". Grays Athletic F.C.Official Website. Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 4 March 2008.
- "Kirk Hudson signs New Contract". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 10 March 2008.
- "Striker Hudson extends Shots deal". BBC Sport. 11 March 2008. Retrieved 11 March 2008.
- "Shots Receive Awards at Conference Weekend". Aldershot Town Official Website. Retrieved 9 June 2008.
- "Kirk Hudson Signs". 28 June 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-11. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- "AFC Wimbledon swoop for Brentford winger". 31 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "AFC Wimbledon 3–1 Hayes & Yeading". BBC Sport. 1 January 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- Brentford’s forgotten man departs - Brentford - London 24
- "Kirk Hudson Signs for the Gulls!". Canvey Island FC Official Website. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Kirk Hudson Leaves The Club | Canvey Island FC - The Official Website | The Pride of Essex Football | Members of The Ryman Football League