Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Krishna in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Krishna is a Hindu deity.
Krishna may refer to:
- The name comes from a Sanskrit word (कृष्ण, kṛṣṇa) that means 'black' or 'dark blue'. Certain other figures within Hinduism also have names transliterated as Krishna. These include (with added phonetic spellings);
- Vyasa - Kṛṣṇa Dvaipāyana (the dark one born on an island)
- Draupadi - Kṛṣṇā Pānchali, कृष्णा, Krishnaa (the dark one the princess of Panchala, feminine form)
- Arjuna - he is called Kṛṣṇa in one instance toward the end of his life
- Durga - she is called Kṛṣṇā in the Virataparva (feminine form).
- Krishna Janmashtami Hindu festival.
- Krishna Yajurveda (Black Yajurveda), one of the two samhitas (collections) of Yajurveda, Hindu religious text
- Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, also known as Kṛṣṇa book
- The Krishnas, International Society for Krishna Consciousness (popularly called the "Hare Krishnas"), a Gaudiya Vaishnava religious movement
- Hare Krishna (mantra), a 16-word Vaishnava mantra brought to international attention by the Society
- Krishna River that flows through Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh (this should correctly be Kṛṣṇā, in feminine form)
- Krishna district, district of Andhra Pradesh, named after Krishna River
- Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary, a wildlife refuge in Andhra Pradesh
- Krishna mangroves, a mangrove ecosystem formed by the delta of river Krishna.
- Krishna Express, a train of the South Central Railway running between Tirupati and Adilabad and passing through the ancient Satavahana capital region of Amaravati on the banks of river Krishna.
- Krishna Patrika, a Telugu language newspaper founded in the year 1909.
Film and TV
- Krishna (1996 Hindi film), a 1996 Bollywood film starring Sunil Shetty and Karisma Kapoor
- Krishna (1996 Tamil film), a 1996 Tamil language film directed by Raja Krishnamoorthy
- Krishna (2006 film), a 2006 computer-animated feature, the first one in Hindi
- Krishna (2007 film), a 2007 Kannada film starring Ganesh and Pooja Gandhi
- Krishna (2008 film), a 2008 Telugu film starring Ravi Teja and Trisha Krishnan
- Krishna, the Malayalam-dubbed version of the 2008 Telugu film Parugu
- Krishna (film series)
- Krishna (Satavahana dynasty), c. 1st century BCE king of Deccan region in India
- Krishna I (756–774), the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Dantidurga
- Krishna II (878–914), the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Amoghavarsha I
- Krishna III (939–967), the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Amoghavarsha III
- Krishna of Devagiri, a 13th century Yadava king of India
- Krishna (Kannada actor), Kannada film actor
- Krishna (Malayalam actor), Malayalam film actor
- Krishna (Tamil actor), Tamil film actor
- Krishna (Telugu actor), Telugu film actor
- Krishna (TV actor) (born 1982), Indian film and television actor
- Krishna Beura, Indian playback singer
- Krishna Bhagavaan, Telugu film actor
- Krishna Bhanji, the birth name of actor Sir Ben Kingsley
- Krishna Chandra Bhattacharya, Hindu philosopher at Calcutta University
- Krishna Deva Raya (1509–1529), famed emperor of the Vijayanagara Empire
- Krishna Kumar (actor), Tamil and Malayalam film actor
- Krishna Kumari (actress) (1933–2018), popular Indian Telugu film actress
- Krishna Menon (1897–1974), Indian Defence Minister during the Sino-Indian War
- Krishna Rao (disambiguation), one of the Indian names
- Krishna Savjani (born 1947), Malawian lawyer
- Krishna Sekhar, Tamil film actor
- Krishna Vamsi, Telugu film director
- Krishna Rani (born 2001), Bangladeshi footballer
- Lal Krishna Advani, Indian politician
- N. Krishna, Tamil film director
- Roy Krishna, Fijian professional footballer
- S. M. Krishna, politician from Karnataka
- Tottempudi Krishna, Telugu film director
- Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895–1986), Indian philosopher
- Krishna University, a university in Machilipatnam, Krishna district, Andhra Pradesh, India
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Krishna.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.