|Look up Krishna in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Krishna is a Hindu deity.
Krishna may refer to:
- The name comes from a Sanskrit word (कृष्ण, kṛṣṇa) that means 'black' or 'dark blue'. Certain other figures within Hinduism also have names transliterated as Krishna. These include (with added phonetic spellings);
- Vyasa - Kṛṣṇa Dvaipāyana (the dark one born on an island)
- Draupadi - Kṛṣṇā Pānchali, कृष्णा, Krishnaa (the dark one the princess of Panchala, feminine form)
- Arjuna - he is called Kṛṣṇa in one instance toward the end of his life
- Durga - she is called Kṛṣṇā in the Virataparva (feminine form).
- Krishna Janmashtami Hindu festival.
- Krishna Yajurveda (Black Yajurveda), one of the two samhitas (collections) of Yajurveda, Hindu religious text.
- Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, also known as Kṛṣṇa book
- The Krishnas, International Society for Krishna Consciousness (popularly called the "Hare Krishnas"), a Gaudiya Vaishnava religious movement
- Krishna River that flows through Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh (this should correctly be Kṛṣṇā, in feminine form)
- Krishna district, district of Andhra Pradesh, named after Krishna River
- Krishna Wildlife Sanctuary, a wildlife refuge in Andhra Pradesh
- Krishna Express, a train of the South Central Railway that runs between Tirupati and Adilabad. It passes through the ancient Satavahana capital and towns of Amaravati, Guntur district and Vijayawada, Krishna district on the banks of river Krishna.
Film and TV
- Krishna (1996 Hindi film), a 1996 Bollywood film starring Sunil Shetty and Karisma Kapoor
- Krishna (1996 Tamil film), a 1996 Tamil language film directed by Raja Krishnamoorthy
- Krishna (2006 film), a 2006 computer-animated feature, the first one in Hindi
- Krishna (2007 film), a 2007 Kannada film starring Ganesh and Pooja Gandhi
- Krishna (2008 film), a 2008 Telugu film starring Ravi Teja and Trisha Krishnan
- Krishna, the Malayalam-dubbed version of the 2008 Telugu film Parugu
- Krishna (film series)
- Krishna (Satavahana dynasty), c. 1st century BCE king of Deccan region in India
- Krishna I (756–774), the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Dantidurga
- Krishna II (878–914), the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Amoghavarsha I
- Krishna III (939–967), the King of Rashtrakuta dynasty of India after Amoghavarsha III
- Krishna (Malayalam actor), Malayalam film actor
- Krishna (Tamil actor), Tamil film actor
- Krishna (Telugu actor), Telugu film actor
- Krishna Beura, Indian playback singer
- Krishna Bhagavaan, Telugu film actor
- Krishna Bhanji, the birth name of actor Sir Ben Kingsley
- Krishna Chandra Bhattacharya, Hindu philosopher at Calcutta University
- Krishna Deva Raya (1509–1529), famed emperor of the Vijayanagara Empire
- Krishna Kumar (actor), Tamil and Malayalam film actor
- Krishna Kumari (actress), popular Indian Telugu film actress
- Krishna Menon (1897–1974), Indian Defence Minister during the Sino-Indian War
- Krishna Rao (disambiguation), one of the Indian names
- Krishna Savjani (born 1947), Malawian lawyer
- Krishna Sekhar, Tamil film actor
- Krishna Vamsi, Telugu film director
- Krishna Rani (born 2001), Bangladeshi footballer
- Lal Krishna Advani, Indian politician
- N. Krishna, Tamil film director
- S. M. Krishna, politician from Karnataka
- Tottempudi Krishna, Telugu film director
- Jiddu Krishnamurti (1895–1986), Indian philosopher
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Krishna.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.