Kuchipudi, Krishna district
|• Total||2.57 km2 (0.99 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Kuchipudi is a village in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. Kuchipudi is also known as Kuchelapuram or Kuchilapuri.. It is located in Movva mandal of Machilipatnam revenue division. It is one of the villages in the mandal to be a part of Andhra Pradesh Capital Region.
Siddhendhra Yogi Kala pitham, one of the eight schools of Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University is situated in Kuchipudi. The kuchipudi dance was evolved by Siddhendra Yogi.
Machilipatnam is the nearest town to Kuchipudi, 24 kilometres (15 mi) away.
- "District Census Handbook - Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16,244. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- "District Level Mandal wise List of Villages in Andhra Pradesh" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. p. 9. Archived from the original (PDF) on 10 December 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Administrative Setup". Official website of Krishna district. National Informatics Centre. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Declaration of A.P. Capital Region" (PDF). Andhra Nation. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department. 22 September 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- "Siddhendra Yogi kala Pitham". Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "teluguuniversity.ac.in » Siddhendra Yogi Kala Pitham". teluguuniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
|This article about a location in Krishna district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|