This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
According to A Chinese-English Dictionary (Revised Edition) 1978, from Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press (PRC), the word guǎn can also mean
The website MDBG English to Chinese Dictionary also defines the word guǎn as meaning building, shop, service establishment, embassy or consulate, and also includes school as an old meaning for the word.
In Cantonese, the term kwoon is used when referring to:
- Police Stations - Chaai Kwoon (差館)
- Mahjong Houses - Ma Jeuk Kwoon (麻雀館)
- Kung Fu Studios - Gung Fu Kwoon (功夫館)
- Guild Halls - Wui Kwoon (會館)
Kwoon is also a post-rock band from France.
- People's Republic of China. A Chinese-English Dictionary (Revised Edition) 1978. Hong Kong: Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, 1978.
- MDBG English to Chinese Dictionary: guǎn: https://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php?wdqr=%E9%A4%A8%7C%E9%A6%86%5Bguan3%5D&wdrst=0
- Post-rock band website: http://www.kwoonmusic.com/