According to A Chinese-English Dictionary (Revised Edition) 1978, from Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press (PRC), the word guǎn can also mean
1) Accommodation for guests;
2) Embassy, legation or consulate;
3) (Of service trades) shop;
4) A place for cultural activities;
5) (Archaic) An old-style private school
The website MDBG English to Chinese Dictionary also defines the word guǎn as meaning building, shop, service establishment, embassy or consulate, and also includes school as an old meaning for the word.
In Cantonese, the term kwoon is used when referring to: