Chairman of the Board
|Revenue||16.200 billion SEK - 2015|
|7.136 billion SEK - 2015|
|5.686 billion SEK - 2015|
|Total assets||56.028 billion SEK - 2015|
|Total equity||32.116 billion SEK - 2015|
|Owner||Government of Sweden - 100%|
Number of employees
|4,463 - December 2015|
|Parent||Government Office of Sweden|
The Mining Division
Special Business Division
LKAB Berg & Betong|
LKAB Schwedenerz GmbH
Footnotes / references|
2015 Year End Report
Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara Aktiebolag (LKAB) is a Swedish mining company. The company mines iron ore at Kiruna and at Malmberget in northern Sweden. The company was established in 1890, and has been 100% state-owned since the 1950s. The iron ore is processed to pellets and sinter fines, which are transported by Iore trains (Malmbanan) to the harbours at Narvik and Luleå and to the steelmill at Luleå (SSAB).
Their production is sold throughout much of the world, with the principal markets being European steel mills, as well as North Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.
LKAB has around 4,000 employees, of which more than 600 are outside of Sweden. There are iron ore mines, processing plants and ore harbors in northern Sweden and Norway, and sales office in Germany. LKAB has subsidiaries for industrial minerals with processing plants in Sweden, Finland, the UK, the Netherlands, Turkey and China. Additional subsidiaries are in Germany, the USA and Hong Kong as well as representative offices in Slovakia, Greece, Spain and South Africa.
LKAB’s chief assets are among the magnetite orefields of northern Sweden. Its corporate headquarters are in Luleå and the main production sites are in Kiruna (Kiruna Mine) and Malmberget, close to Gällivare. The ore is partially processed on site, and is transported by freight train on Malmbanan to either Narvik or Luleå depending on final destination.
- 1890 LKAB is founded.
- 1891 AB Gellivarare Malmfält founded.
- 1893 AB Gellivare Malmfält bought LKAB.
- 1899 Ore Line from the south reaches Kiruna.
- 1957 The government takes over LKAB to 96%. Traffic Grängesberg-Oxelösund (TGO) retains 4%.
- 1976 LKAB becomes a government-owned corporation.
- "2015 Year End Report" (PDF). LKAB.com.
- "LKAB's year-end report will be released tomorrow". LKAB. Archived from the original on 12 July 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-02-12. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Kalla + Hellner + LKAB = SANT" (in Swedish). Sveriges Radio. 12 September 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Sponsorship". LKAB. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LKAB.|