La Shawn K. Ford
|La Shawn Ford|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 8th district
|Preceded by||Calvin Giles|
La Shawn K. Ford is a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 8th District since 2007. He is currently a real estate entrepreneur, founder of Ford Desired Real Estate.
On November 29, 2012, Ford was indicted on charges of bank fraud alleging he provided misleading evidence to obtain a $500,000 extension on a line of credit. The charges state he used the money for personal expenses rather than rehabilitating an owned property, as stated in the loan documentation.
On August 4, 2014, all 17 felony counts of bank fraud and false information against Ford were dropped by federal prosecutors in exchange for his pleading guilty to a single misdemeanor income tax charge, and Ford's trial was removed from the federal docket.
- $3,000 from AFL-CIO
- $2,650 from AFSCME
- $200 from Illinois Education Association
- $2,500 from the Illinois Federation of Teachers
- $7,000 from the Chicago Teachers Union
- $1,000 from Service Employees International Union
- "La Shawn K. Ford State Representative website". Retrieved 6/30/2016.
- Staff. "Rep. LaShawn Ford indicted on bank fraud charges". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Janssen, Kim. "State Rep. La Shawn Ford pleads guilty to misdemeanor". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Meisner, Jason. "Surprising plea deal in state Rep. Ford's bank fraud case". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Marin, Carol. "Feds back off on ruining a good man's life". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Candidate Summary - La Shawn K. Ford", National Institute on Money in State Politics, 2 Dec 2012
- Representative LaShawn Ford (D) 8th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- La Shawn Ford at Illinois House Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|