Landmark Aviation is an aviation services company that offers a wide variety of services at MRO repair centers, at FBOs in the United States and Canada and within its aircraft sales, charter and management business. The company also operates Associated Air Center, a transport completion center.
Landmark Aviation is derived from a company called "Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated" which operated for about a year before being rebranded in October 2005. Garrett/Piedmont Hawthorne/Associated was in turn created from the merger of three companies (Garrett Aviation, Piedmont Hawthorne, and Associated Air) which were all owned by the Carlyle Group.
In March, 2008, an acquisition of the company was completed by Encore FBO, GTCR Golder Rauner and Platform Partners from Dubai Aerospace.
In April 2014, Landmark purchased RSS Jet Centre, adding 3 FBOs in the United Kingdom  and Ross Aviation, a network of 20 FBOs in the Continental United States and Hawaii, expanding its total holdings to 60 locations in the US and 76 total worldwide. The Ross Aviation purchase closed in August of the same year.
In February 2016, BBA Aviation (competitor Signature Flight Support's parent company) acquired Landmark Aviation's 195 global locations including FBOs, MROs and its charter/management division for $2.065 billion.  The terms of the acquisition required the divestment of six co-located FBO locations.
In July 2016, Ross Aviation (the same Ross Aviation that sold their locations to Landmark 2 years prior) purchased the 6 divested FBO locations from BBA Aviation for an undisclosed amount. 
- See "Dubai Aerospace Buys Standard Aero, Landmark for $1.9B," Defense Industry Daily, August 2, 2007.
- "Encore FBO, GTCR and Platform Partners Complete Acquisition of Landmark Aviation FBOs," .
- "The Carlyle Group Partners with Management to Acquire Landmark Aviation" 
- "Landmark Aviation to Acquire First Aviation Services at Teterboro Airport (TEB)" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquire-first-aviation-services-teterboro-airport-teb
- "Landmark Aviation Acquired RSS Jet Centre" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquire-first-aviation-services-teterboro-airport-teb
- "Landmark Aviation Signs Agreement to Acquire Ross Aviation" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquire-first-aviation-services-teterboro-airport-teb
- "Landmark Aviation Completes Acquisition of Ross Aviation" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-completes-acquisition-ross-aviation
- "Landmark Aviation Acquires Island City Flying Service in Key West" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquires-island-city-flying-service-key-west-eyw
- "Landmark Aviation Acquires Southwest Airport Services in Houston (EFD)" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-acquires-southwest-airport-services-houston-efd-0
- "Landmark Aviation Begins Operations in Anchorage(ANC)" http://www.landmarkaviation.com/news/landmark-aviation-begins-operations-anchorage-anc
- "BBA Aviation completes the acquisition of Landmark Aviation" https://www.signatureflight.com/about/news?prid=1722
- "Ross Aviation Acquires Six Former Landmark FBOs" https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2016-07-01/ross-aviation-acquires-six-former-landmark-fbos