Lanier High School (Jackson, Mississippi)
|Lanier High School|
|833 West Maple Street
|Motto||"Enhancing Today's Minds to Lead Tomorrow's Future."|
|School district||Jackson Public School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Cedric Gray|
|Color(s)||Maroon and white|
|Feeder schools||Brinkley Middle School
Rowan Middle School
Lanier High School is a high school in Jackson, Mississippi, United States. The current principal of Lanier High School is Michael McDonald. There were a total of 872 students enrolled in Lanier High during the 2006–2007 school year. The gender makeup of the district was 52% female and 48% male. The racial makeup of the school is 100.00% African American.
The following schools feed into Lanier High School.
- Middle schools
- Brinkley Middle School
- Rowan Middle School
- Elementary schools
- Brown Elementary School
- Dawson Elementary School
- Galloway Elementary School
- Johnson Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School
- Walton Elementary School
- Monta Ellis, NBA player for the Indiana Pacers
- Arvesta Kelly, ABA basketball player
- Richard Wright, renowned African-American author; attended Lanier but dropped out to earn money for his family
- Daryl Jones (born 1955) is a (Democratic politician) from Miami, Florida.
- "Superintendent". Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Jackson Public Schools". Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Mississippi Assessment and Accountability Reporting System". Office of Research and Statistics, Mississippi Department of Education.
- Feeder Patterns – Jackson Public Schools.
- Jackson's 'Legends of Basketball' reunion brings together Brinkley, Jim Hill and Lanier high school players who 'ruled the court'
- Rayson, Ann. "Richard Wright's Life." Modern American Poetry. Nelson, Cary and Brinkman, Bartholomew, eds. Department of English, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: 2001.