Larry Connor (Born in 1950 in Albany, NY and currently residing in Dayton, OH) is an American real estate and technology entrepreneur. Connor is the head of The Connor Group, a real estate investment firm.
Connor graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1972 from Ohio University in Athens, OH. Connor was a member of Who’s Who of College Students and was one of 22 students out of a class of 4,500 undergraduates selected to the Ohio University J Club.
Orlando Computer Corp.
From 1982 to 1990, Connor owned Orlando Computer Corp. The company had operations throughout central Florida and Cincinnati, OH. It was the second largest re-seller in the state of Florida for IBM microcomputers and a pioneer in Local Area Networks (LANs) providing hardware and software solutions to businesses.
The Connor Group
Founded as Connor, Murphy & Buhrman in 1991, Connor successfully bought out his partners and established The Connor Group, A Real Estate Investment Firm, in 2003. Over the next twenty plus years, The Connor Group grew from $100 million in assets to $2 billion with luxury apartment communities in 12 markets.
Connor and The Connor Group gathered several awards over time, including the 2014 Glassdoor Top 50 Best Places to Work in the US, Small and Medium-Sized Companies, the 2017 Dayton Business Hall of Fame inaugural inductee and multiple Dayton Business Journal Top 100 Businesses in the Region.
The Connor Group Kids and Community Partners
In 2007, Connor founded The Connor Group Kids & Community Partners. serving disadvantaged youth in communities where The Connor Group operates. Its goal is to make a significant impact in the lives of 4,000 children annually by 2021.
Heartland Regional Power and First Billing Services
Connor co-founded Heartland Regional Power, a firm provided billing solutions to the multi-family industry, in 2004. First Billing Services, an online payment and bill processing platform also co-founded by Connor, later acquired the firm.
- Beth, Anspach (August 26, 2015). "Labels don't define local owner of billion dollar company". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Larry Connor | The Connor Group | A Real Estate Investment Firm". www.connorgroup.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Detail by Officer/Registered Agent Name". search.sunbiz.org. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "About Us | The Connor Group | A Real Estate Investment Firm". www.connorgroup.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Our Communities | The Connor Group | A Real Estate Investment Firm". www.connorgroup.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "2014 Top Workplace | The Connor Group | A Real Estate Investment Firm". www.connorgroup.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Dayton Business Hall of Fame | Articles | Dayton Magazine". thedaytonmagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "DBJ names Business of the Year winners for 2014 - Dayton Business Journal". Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Moody Nolan | Corporate Headquarters". moodynolan.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "The Connor Group to unveil new $18 million building". Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "The Connor Group Kids and Community Partners | Transforming Good Causes into Great Programs". www.kidsandcommunitypartners.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "About Us | McLean Hospital". www.mcleanhospital.org. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Mayo Clinic Trustees Recognize New Named Professors". http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org. Retrieved 2016-09-16. External link in
- "First Billing Services Acquires Heartland Regional Power" (PDF). January 4, 2012.
- "First Billing Services: Billing and Payment Solutions for Your Business". www.firstbillingservices.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Pilot Larry Connor | International Aerobatic Club". www.iac.org. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Connor and Team C Racing Dominate Baja 500". www.teamcdesertracing.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "IPS: Larry Connor Indy and The Glen double duty". Retrieved 2016-09-16.