Larry Davis (basketball coach)
|Born||June 3, 1956|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|East Tennessee State (asst.)
Cloverport High School
Oak Hill Academy
Wake Forest (asst.)
Ball State (asst.)
Davis was born in Mount Sterling, Kentucky. After moving to Indiana as a child, he graduated from Wapahani High School in Selma, Indiana in 1974. Following high school, he attended Asbury College, in Wilmore, Kentucky, from which he graduated in 1978. The following year he enrolled in a graduate program at East Tennessee State University and began his coaching career as a graduate assistant.
From East Tennessee, Davis moved on to coach high school teams, first at Cloverport, Kentucky, and then Oak Hill Academy, a prep school located at Mouth of Wilson, Virginia. Before coming to Cincinnati, Davis served as head coach at Furman University from 1997 to 2006 where he compiled a 124-139 record.
- "Larry Davis". University of Cincinnati. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- "Mens Basketball: Larry Davis Bio". Furman University. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "Go.Bearcats.com". University of Cincinnati. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- Rhoden, William C. (December 24, 1984). "Prep Schools For Athletes Flourish". Star News. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- Hersch, Hank. "SI Vault - Miles From Nowhere". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|