Larry Miller (comedian)
October 15, 1953 |
Valley Stream, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Stand-up comedian, actor, podcaster, columnist|
|Spouse(s)||Eileen Conn (m. 1993)|
This article or section may need to be formatted. (June 2017)
Lawrence J. Miller (born October 15, 1953) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, podcaster and columnist.
Miller was born in Valley Stream, New York, on Long Island. He is Jewish. He has said that one of his grandmothers was from Latvia and one of his grandfathers was from Austria. Miller married television writer Eileen Conn in 1993. The couple have two children.
His roles include the nasty doorman on Seinfeld and Walter Stratford in the movie 10 Things I Hate About You, as well as several characters in Christopher Guest's mockumentary movies. He has also appeared in Carry On Columbus, The Nutty Professor, Nutty Professor II: The Klumps, Max Keeble's Big Move, and Pretty Woman. He played Edwin Poole in the ABC dramedy Boston Legal. He is close friends with Jerry Seinfeld and auditioned for the part of George Costanza.
He played night-club owner Michael Dobson in two Law & Order episodes, first in the episode "Coma" and then later in "Encore". Miller appeared as himself in a third episode, "Smoke". He was also in 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, where he played Tommy, Kyle's obnoxious father and Paul's colleague. He also played himself in a later episode of the same series. Additionally, he was the writer for the television shows Uncommon Sense (2005), Just Words (1992), and Pros & Cons (1999).
Miller began a weekly podcast on the Carolla Digital Network, This Week with Larry Miller, suspending it after falling and injuring his head severely in April 2012. After hospitalization and a coma, he said in January 2013 that he was convalescing. Miller resumed the podcast on January 9, 2013. In February 2015 the podcast was retitled The Larry Miller Show with direct distribution.
|1990||Pretty Woman||Mr. Hollister|
|Almost an Angel||Teller|
|1991||Necessary Roughness||Dean Phillip Elias|
|Suburban Commando||Adrian Beltz|
|Frankenstein: The College Years ||Prof. Loman|
|1992||Carry on Columbus||The Chief|
|1993||Undercover Blues||Detective Sergeant Halsey|
|1995||The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (TV)||Dean Al Valentine|
|1996||The Nutty Professor||Dean Richmond|
|Waiting for Guffman||Mayor Glenn Welsch|
|1997||For Richer or Poorer||Derek Lester|
|1998||Chairman of the Board||Bradford MacMillan|
|Carnival of Souls||Louis Seagram|
|1999||Pros & Cons||Ben Babbitt|
|Runaway Bride||Kevin the Bartender|
|10 Things I Hate About You||Dr. Walter Stratford OB/GYN|
|2000||Nutty Professor II: The Klumps||Dean Richmond|
|Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins||XR (voice)|
|Best in Show||Max Berman|
|2001||Max Keeble's Big Move||Principal Elliot T. Jindrake|
|What's the Worst That Could Happen?||Earl Radburn|
|The Princess Diaries||Paolo Puttanesca|
|2003||A Guy Thing||Mr. Minister Farris|
|A Mighty Wind||Wally Fenton|
|2004||The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement||Paolo Puttanesca|
|Raising Helen||Car Buyer|
|Karroll's Christmas||Barry Freedman|
|2005||Kiss Kiss Bang Bang||Dabney Shaw|
|The Legend of Frosty the Snowman||Principal Pankley|
|2006||Keeping Up with the Steins||Arnie Stein|
|The Ant Bully||Fred Nickle (voice)|
|For Your Consideration||Syd Finkleman|
|2007||The Final Season||Roger Dempsey|
|Blonde Ambition||Richard Connelly|
|Bee Movie||Mayor Dean Buzzwell (voice)|
|National Lampoon's Bag Boy||Pike|
|2008||Get Smart||CIA Official|
|Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd: Out of Control||Underchief|
|Senior Skip Day||Mr. Frankfurt Dickwalder|
|The Other End of the Line||Kit Hawksin|
|2010||Valentine's Day||Oversized Baggage Clerk|
|Alpha and Omega||Marcel (voice)|
|2010||The Penguins of Madagascar||Clemson|
|2011||Curb Your Enthusiasm||Eddie Kravitz|
|God Bless America||Chloe's Dad|
|New Year's Eve||Harley|
|General Education||Rich Collins|
|Hot Bot||Senator Biter|
|Road Hard||Baby Doll|
|2016||Mother's Day||The Motorcycle Cop|
- He voiced the Pointy-Haired Boss on Dilbert.
- He played Garvin in the Season 4 premiere episode "Doctor Solomon's Traveling Alien Show" in 3rd Rock from the Sun.
- He voiced a patient on Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist in the 1995 episode "Everybody's Got a Tushy".
- He voiced XR in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.
- Appeared on Seinfeld in the episode "The Doorman" as the Doorman to Mr. Pitt's residence.
- Appeared as himself on The Larry Sanders Show in the 1998 episode I Buried Sid
- He had a recurring character on Law & Order as serial wife-murderer Michael Dobson, as well as playing himself in a single episode.
- Appeared on Desperate Housewives' second season 7th episode as Leonard Harper.
- Appeared on a special "Scene Stealers Edition" episode of the Anne Robinson Version of The Weakest Link but was voted off.
- From 2009-2010, starred in 10 Things I Hate About You, reprising his role from the 1999 movie of the same name.
- Appeared on a few episodes of Boston Legal as Edwin Poole.
- Appeared on Burn Notice as Harvey Gunderson in the episode "Comrades" in 2008.
- Appeared on an episode of Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!.
- He voiced himself on the "Larry Miller Hair System" episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- In May 2010, Game Show Network announced that Miller would host a new comedy game show entitled Late Night Liars. The show premiered on June 10, 2010 and aired until early 2011.
- Appeared as a doctor in episode 6 of the 1st season of the Starz original series Gravity.
- Appeared as Stu Tyler on My Wife and Kids (3 episodes)
- Appeared as lawyer Garret Price in Monk (2 episodes)
- He made a voice guest appearance on The Penguins of Madagascar as Clemson in "Right Hand Man", "The Hoboken Surprise" and "King Me".
- Appeared as Eddie Kravitz in season 8's "Palestinian Chicken" episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- Appeared as Larry Diller in season 2's "Camp It Up" episode of Disney Channel's Shake It Up
- Appeared as Principal Fickman in season 1's "Team-a-Rooney" episode of Disney Channel's Liv and Maddie.
- Appeared on Hot in Cleveland as Melanie's creepy dentist in season 5's "Elka Takes a Lover".
- Appeared on the BBC The Bob Monkhouse Show in 1984, along with Joan Rivers and Rosemary Clooney.
- Appeared on Just Shoot Me! as pretentious talk-radio host Emerson Gray in the season 1 episode, "The Assistant".
- Appeared as a teacher on iCarly as Mr. Daviad in season 3 episode 12
- Appeared as Mr. Painter on Clipped in the season 1 episode "Free Wednesday".
- Appeared on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson on November 3, 1988, along w/ Michael J. Fox and author Harry Lorayne and on December 27, 1989, with guests James Stewart and Gladys Farek.
- "Larry Miller Biography". FilmReference.com. Archived from the original on July 25, 2014. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Miller, Larry (2006-12-22). "I'm... dreaming... of a white... Chri -- ummm, holidays". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles. Archived from the original on October 6, 2010. Retrieved 2006-12-22.
- Allin, Olivia (April 4, 2012). "'10 Things I Hate About You' dad Larry Miller hospitalized". OnTheRedCarpet.com. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "The Lost Roles of Seinfeld". Splitsider. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- W, Joe (2010-11-02). "Idolizing Clowns: Larry Miller - The Original George Costanza". Idolizing Clowns. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- Heyman, J.D. (January 8, 2013). "Larry Miller Recovers from Life-Threatening Brain Injury". People. Archived from the original on January 8, 2013. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- "Frankenstein: The College Years (TV Movie 1991)".
- "10 Things I Hate About You, the New Original Series by ABC Family, Launches This Summer on Tuesday, July 7 at 8PM ET/PT" (PDF) (Press release). ABC Family. May 27, 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 13, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "GSN Launches "Late Night Liars," with Celebri-Puppets by Henson Alternative" (Press release). GSN via The Futon Critic. May 4, 2010. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- "The Bob Monkhouse Show - BBC One London - 27 June 1984 - BBC Genome". genome.ch.bbc.co.uk.