Larry Roeseler is an American professional off-road racer in motorcycle and Trophy Truck classes. He is a 10-time overall winner of the Baja 1000, 12-time overall winner of the Baja 500 and a 10-time gold medalist in the International Six Days Enduro. He has spent the past 25 years racing in numerous off-road circuits, including SCORE/Tecate Baja series and Best In The Desert series. Roeseler also has numerous A.M.A. off-road titles including National Hare and Hound and National enduro championships.
Roeseler won his first Baja 1000 in 1976, riding a Husqvarna to victory with Mitch Mayes. He became a member of the Kawasaki factory racing team in 1987. In 2006, he returned to Kawasaki’s Team Green program where he was involved with testing of future off-road products, public relations for high-profile off-road events and will serve as a media contact for off-road publications.
Roeseler retired from motorcycle racing in 1994 and continues to race sophisticated off-road cars in the SCORE Baja 1000 and Baja 500 events. Roeseler was recognized for his many motorcycling achievements in 1999 by being inducted into the American Motorcyclist Association Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
In 2008 Roeseler joined Larry Ragland and Rhys Millen on the Norman Motorsports team as co-driver of Trophy Truck #8. In September 2008, Roeseler won his second Trophy Truck race with a 10-minute lead for the Overall Win at the Primm 300 driving the first three of four laps in the #8 Norman Motorsports Ford F-150 race truck, capturing the overall and SCORE Trophy Truck victory at the 13th Annual SCORE Terrible’s Primm 300 desert race.
Larry Roeseler currently lives in Boulevard, California . He has been seen racing motorcycles occasionally in AMA D-38 Desert Racing events and continues to race Trophy Trucks in Baja.
- "Larry Roeseler at the AMA Hall of Fame". motorcyclemuseum.org. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- 2008 RogerNormanRacing.com Larry Roeseler, Norman Motorsports Archived 2010-04-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- 2006 DirtNewz.com LARRY ROESELER RETURNS TO KAWASAKI’S TEAM GREEN
- "Baja 1000 winners". motorsportsetc.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- 2007 DirtNewz.com Larry Roeseler Driving the Smithbuilt-HERBST Truggy Dominates Baja AGAIN!
- 2008 RogerNormanRacing.comLarry Roeseler joins Norman Motorsports[permanent dead link]
- 2008 Off-Road.com Primm 300 Overall Winners: Roger Norman & Larry Roeseler
- Clark, D. 2008 Dirt-Newz SCORE Norman/Roeseler Snag Overall Win at SCORE Terrible's 300 in Primm
- 2008 NYTimes.com Larry Roeseler in 'Dust to Glory'