Laura Rees is a British actress from Northampton.
In 2003, she played the role of Gina the record executive in Richard Curtis' blockbuster romantic comedy Love Actually (2003). Other film work includes the short The Dentist, directed by Stephen Frears and Pierre Tatarka.
Her stage credits include Lavinia in Titus Andronicus and Luciana in The Comedy of Errors at Shakespeare's Globe. In 2004, she played Ophelia in Hamlet, directed by Yukio Ninagawa. In 2003, she appeared in Brand for the Royal Shakespeare Company, directed by Adrian Noble.
Masterpiece Mystery – Inspector Lewis – Series 2 Episode 4 – she played Beatrice Donnelly.
Her radio credits include the lead role in a two-part adaptation of Ruth, by Elizabeth Gaskell, first broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in August 2009. Other BBC radio appearances include adaptations of Josephine Tey's The Franchise Affair (2005), Sei Shōnagon's The Pillow Book (2008 and 2010), Paul Gallico's The Lonely (2010), Euripides' Helen (2011), and Edward Bulwer-Lytton's Money (2011).
Laura is currently an active member of the London-based artistic collective The Factory Theatre Company appearing in their performances of Round One and The Seagull Experiment all around London. Other Factory members include Alex Hassell, Catherine Bailey, Jemima Rooper, Alan Morrissey and John Hopkins.
|8 October 2005||The Franchise Affair||Gladys Rees||Ellen Dryden||BBC Radio 4 Saturday Play|
|11 August 2008 – 15 August 2008||The Pillow Book||Empress||Lu Kemp||BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour Drama|
|2 August 2009 – 16 August 2009||Ruth||Ruth||Ellen Dryden||BBC Radio 4 Classic Serial|
|19 January 2010||The Lonely||Patches||Kirsty Williams||BBC Radio 4 Afternoon Play|
|15 November 2010 – 19 November 2010||The Pillow Book (series 3)||Empress||Lu Kemp||BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour Drama|
|27 February 2011||Helen||Slave / Chorus||Ellen Dryden||BBC Radio 3 Drama on 3|
|19 June 2011||Money||Clara Douglas||Samuel West||BBC Radio 3 Drama on 3|
- Metamorphosis (2012) — Anna
- Cecily in The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. Directed by Braham Murray at the Royal Exchange, Manchester. (2004)
- Bunty Mainwaring in The Vortex by Noel Coward. Directed by Jo Combes at the Royal Exchange, Manchester. (2007)
- Jean Rice in The Entertainer by John Osborne. Directed by Greg Hersov at the Royal Exchange, Manchester. (2009)
- Lady Windermere in Lady Windermere's Fan by Oscar Wilde. Directed by Greg Hersov at the Royal Exchange, Manchester. (2012)