|Laurie Walker Dhue|
February 10, 1969 |
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
|Education||The Westminster Schools (1986)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,B.S. Political Science (1990)
|Spouse(s)||Thomas Calcoate (divorced), Joe Schrank (engaged)|
|Relatives||Father Bob Dhue, fmr president of World Championship Wrestling|
Laurie Walker Dhue (born February 10, 1969) is the founder, CEO, and president of Laurie Dhue Media and an American television journalist. Until April 2015, Dhue hosted episodes of TheBlaze's investigative journalism news magazine For the Record, and presented highlights of evening news on TheBlaze.com TV.. Previously she was a Fox News Channel anchor from 2000 to 2008, reporting for the television show Geraldo at Large and the host of Fox Report Weekend.
Although born in North Carolina, she grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. Her mother is Hutton Dhue, and her father, Bob Dhue, was a former vice president of wrestling operations for World Championship Wrestling. Laurie Dhue graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science with a concentration in dramatic arts.
Before joining the Fox News Channel in 2000, she worked for MSNBC as host of its "Special Edition." She started at MSNBC in April 1999 as the anchor of "Newsfront." She worked at CNN from 1990 to 1999, where she served as anchor for weekend programs, such as "CNN Saturday," "CNN Sunday," "World View," and "The World Today." She also interned as a weekend morning anchor for WSB-TV in Atlanta and did the occasional weekend edition of Today for NBC.
She hosted the highly rated "Fox Report" weekend edition and appeared weekly on the number-one cable program "The O'Reilly Factor." She also reported for "Geraldo at Large," "On the Record with Greta Van Susteren," and "The Fox Report with Shepard Smith." Dhue also served as the voice of the official Fox News Radio launch in 2004 and anchored evening news updates for several years. Most recently, she has made appearances once again on Fox News's Geraldo at Large, first as a guest discussing her victory over alcoholism and subsequently as a reporter and round-table panelist.
Currently she performs public speaking at conventions, conferences, corporate events, and special events.
She was replaced by Frances Rivera on the WPIX-TV Morning News in New York City August 29, 2011.
Laurie Dhue began hosting 'For The Record' on the new media channel 'TheBlaze' on March 13, 2013. On June 4, 2013, it was announced Dhue's involvement with TheBlaze would expand to include hosting of the channel's nightly news updates as the channel's primary news anchor.
In February 2011, Dhue publicly admitted to a 15-year battle with alcoholism. She was successfully treated for her addiction.
- "Five Minutes with Laurie Dhue". FoxNews.com. 2004-09-01. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- Laurie Dhue Full Bio (PDF), The Harry Walker Agency
- "Laurie Dhue, FOX news Spends Some Time with Judyth Piazza". Newsblaze.com. 2006-10-02. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- WPIX Laurie Dhue Bio sheet
- Laurie Dhue at the Harry Walker Agency
- "Veteran journalist Laurie Dhue joins TheBlaze". glennbeck.com. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "The Blaze, LAURIE DHUE PREMIERES AS NEWS ANCHOR FOR THEBLAZE TV TONIGHT!". TheBlaze Inc. 6 September 2013.
- "Glenn Beck, Laurie Dhue debuts tonight as News Anchor for TheBlaze TV!". TheBlaze Inc. 9 September 2013.
- "Laurie Dhue Out At TheBlaze".
- Laurie Dhue bio
- All About Laurie Dhue
- Video from NBC Today on her history of Alcoholism
- Interview as she joins TheBlazeTV