Lavaca School District
|Lavaca School District|
|203 Fir Street|
Lavaca, Arkansas 72941
|Accreditation||Arkansas Department of Education|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||69.15 (on FTE basis)|
|Staff||105.54 (on FTE basis)|
|Athletic conference||3A Region 4 (2012–14)|
|District mascot||Golden Arrows|
Lavaca School District (or Lavaca Public Schools) is a public school district based in Lavaca, Arkansas, United States. The school district encompasses 58.77 square miles (152.2 km2) of land including Lavaca and Central City in Sebastian County, Arkansas.
Established in 1915, the district proves comprehensive education for pre-kindergarten through grade 12 is accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE).
- Lavaca High School, serving more than 250 students in grades 9 through 12.
- Lavaca Middle School, serving more than 250 students in grades 5 through 8.
- Lavaca Elementary School, serving more than 350 students in pre-kindergarten and 4.
- In 2012, the school received a Silver Award in the HealthierUS School Challenge that recognizes excellence in nutrition and physical activity by the Food and Nutrition Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Lavaca School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "HealthierUS Schools Challenge, Arkansas Award Winners". Food and Nutrition Service. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
|This Arkansas school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|