Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport
|Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport|
|IATA: LAW – ICAO: KLAW – FAA LID: LAW|
|Owner||City of Lawton|
|Elevation AMSL||1,110 ft / 338 m|
Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport (IATA: LAW, ICAO: KLAW, FAA LID: LAW) is a city owned airport two miles south of Lawton, in Comanche County, Oklahoma. It is used for military aviation from nearby Fort Sill and Sheppard Air Force Base and is served by American Eagle. Allegiant Air runs occasional charters to various destinations in the western United States.
The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service airport. Federal Aviation Administration records say the airport had 77,533 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 71,389 in 2009 and 68,054 in 2010.
In the year ending May 30, 2012 the airport had 33,983 aircraft operations, average 93 per day: 73% military, 18% general aviation, 8% air taxi, and 1% airline. 46 aircraft were then based at this airport: 93.5% single-engine and 6.5% multi-engine.
Airlines and destinations
Scheduled passenger service:
|American Eagle||Dallas/Fort Worth|
Continental stopped at Lawton from 1948 until 1975; the first jets were in 1967. Central appeared in 1953-54 and successor Frontier left in 1981.
Embraer ERJ-135 and Embraer ERJ-145 regional jets operated by American Eagle and occasional McDonnell Douglas MD-82/MD-83 mainline jetliners operated by American Airlines as well as local and transient general aviation aircraft.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LAW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (LAW: Lawton Municipal)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "FAA Contract Tower Closure List". American Association of Airport Executives. March 22, 2013.
- "FAA: 149 control towers to close at small airports". USA Today. March 22, 2013.
- Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport
- Lawton–Fort Sill Regional Airport (LAW) at Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission
- Aerial image as of February 1995 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective October 13, 2016
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LAW, effective October 13, 2016
- Resources for this airport: