|Live album by|
|Released||15 May 2009|
|Coldplay live album chronology|
LeftRightLeftRightLeft is a live album by British alternative rock band Coldplay, released on 15 May 2009. The album was given away for free at all of the remaining concerts on the Viva la Vida Tour and was available as a free download on the band's official website. However, the album was pulled from the band's website before the release of Live 2012. Within six days, the album was downloaded 3.5 million times.
Regarding the limited release, Chris Martin states that: "Although it's live, it's supposed to be a real album, part of our canon. Y'know, as well as being a gift move, it is also a musical move. It's meant to say that this is what we sound like at the moment."
The purpose of the free album was to show gratitude to fans. The band stated that "playing live is what we love" and that the album is "a thank you to our fans – the people who give us a reason to do it and make it happen."
The material used for the album was "recorded in 101 locations". Coldplay's "sound man Dan [Green]...picked the [tracks] he thought were best, with Phil."
|1.||"Glass of Water"||Prospekt's March, 2008||4:44|
|2.||"42"||Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, 2008||4:52|
|3.||"Clocks"||A Rush of Blood to the Head, 2002||4:40|
|4.||"Strawberry Swing"||Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends||4:16|
|5.||"The Hardest Part / Postcards from Far Away"||X&Y, 2005 / Prospekt's March||4:15|
|6.||"Viva la Vida"||Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends||5:24|
|7.||"Death Will Never Conquer"||"Viva la Vida" single, 2008||1:39|
|9.||"Death and All His Friends"||Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends||4:24|
Mixed at The Bakery.
Mastered at Gateway Studios.
- "Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Coldplay: LeftRightLeftRightLeft". 1 June 2009.
- "Coldplay to give away free album". BBC Online. BBC. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 15 May 2009.
- "Coldplay Reward Fans With Free Live LP "LeftRightLeftRightLeft"". Rolling Stone. Wenner Media. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 15 May 2009.
- "Coldplay to give away live album". Coldplay.com. Coldplay. 1 May 2009. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2009. External link in
- "Chris catches up with Coldplay.com". coldplay.com. Coldplay. 21 May 2009. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 21 May 2009.